Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Follow up appt

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:12 AM
  • 10 Replies

Had my follow up today. 2 weeks ago I had my D and C.

Like everyone else we do not know why I miscarried. Since it was my only one the doctor didn't send anything to the lab to have it analyzed. The doctor did say the pathology report showed
"products of conception and pregnancy" but she said there was no fetal tissue and that the baby was severley underdeveloped. It was super hard to hear that since we could see the baby clearly with the heartbeat on the ultrasound before the baby passed away. Doctor said I can start trying after my first cycle though we will probably wait longer. She just assured me that everything is looking normal. Just another reminder that my baby is gone.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on May. 1, 2012 at 12:49 AM

((hugs)) i'm sorry it was so hard and that you didn't get any answers as to what happend.

Mieshia78
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:08 AM

I am so sorry for your loss I had a m/c in mid march and man does it hurt! I want to put one of these lilypies for my angel baby how do I do that?

newmom2be08
by Sarah on May. 1, 2012 at 9:20 AM

I'm sorry for your loss and also that you didn't get more answers.  Hugs!

BlackCat7
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Thank you. Go to their website and it will show you.

Quoting Mieshia78:

I am so sorry for your loss I had a m/c in mid march and man does it hurt! I want to put one of these lilypies for my angel baby how do I do that?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilysMommy813
by Heather on May. 1, 2012 at 11:44 AM
It's so hard, I'm sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amy_M
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I am so sorry that first appointment is always hard, especially when you dont get any answers.  After having my second my doctor did a full work-up and still we found nothing.  She was just as baffled as us.  Unfortunately in most cases no reason can be found.  We have yet to even have the discussion about trying again.  I go back and forth every day.  After having 2 miscarriages that decision is a million times harder to make than it was the first time.

Take your time, you and your SO are the only ones who will know when you are ready.

Mieshia78
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 6:12 PM

What is the website if you dont mind me asking I dont see it

BlackCat7
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:38 PM

http://lilypie.com/

Quoting Mieshia78:

What is the website if you dont mind me asking I dont see it

BeckyBun
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:02 PM
((hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suetoo
by Sue on May. 3, 2012 at 8:32 AM
Please ask your dr to do blood work for anti thyroid, anticardiolipin, and autoimmune antibody titres. And inflammatory markers, and Ana. By the time my antiphospholipid antibody clotting disorder was identified, and then lupus, after 5 miscarriages it was too late for me to be able to carry another baby to term. My body considered a fetus to be a foreign invader immunologically as soon as the placenta formed. I heard no known cause and just try again 4 too many times.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)