Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Is this normal?

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:44 AM
  • 10 Replies

I have never really had cramps with my periods until about a year ago. All of a suden I started having regular periods with mild cramps. But this is my first period after my D & C and I am having really bad cramps. I have never hurt like this before with my periods. Is this normal or have any of you had this happen after a MC?

by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newmom2be08
by Sarah on May. 1, 2012 at 9:22 AM

My first period was terrible after my miscarriage.  Since having my son, I usually don't get much cramping with my periods, but that first one was a doozy!  The second period was much more normal for me.  Take some Advil...it helps!  Hang in there! 

Amy_M
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Yes it is normal.  It sucks, but it happens.  After my first d&c my periods were pretty painful.  Hang in there.

sjamom
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:48 PM

I never really cramp and I had lots of cramping with my first period after my D & C.  Hugs and hang in there!

emilysingleton
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Thanks for the info ladies. It's the end of day 2 and the pain seems to be letting up a little. Thankfully!!

Briansgirl11
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:27 PM

yea my ob/gyn doctor told me it is normal!

shannonGlisson
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:36 AM
I was told by my dr it was normal just your body is still healing and trying to get back to normal
busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on May. 2, 2012 at 2:39 AM
Yeah, those first ones are bad, but they get progressively better. Hang in there!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetksstffny88
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:03 AM

I have just started my period from after my mc and it is HORRIBLE super heavy and terrible cramps from what I have read online a lot of women have experienced this but I am going to check with my dr tomorrow just in case. I hope you start feeling better :) hang in there!

emilysingleton
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:52 AM

Thanks. I called the doctor too yesterday and they said it is normal and to be expected. I'll glad there is nothing wrong but that really sucks.

DarksMama
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Midol babe. It's a lifesaver.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN