Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

honesty please. i need all the help i can get.

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:55 AM
  • 27 Replies
So I m/c in october2011 was due april 15 2012. I have had a little bit of a hard time with it. Most days I am extremely happy and well but when I get thinking about it or something that reminds me or it I get alittle upset. We have been trying to get pregnant knowing it would talk a little time we started like 3 months ago. And I got positives at home then a negative blood test and it brought back the feeling when I was told I m/c. This girl that trys to be my friend told me that I shouldn't care that I m/c and that I need to quit acting like I had a real baby cause it was only an embryo... I don't know if I am holding on to much or what but she really upset me with this...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emilysingleton
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:01 PM
3 moms liked this

You are most definitely not holding on too much. Your "friend" is an idiot and not really a friend. Your BABY was a REAL BABY the minute you conceived. You have every right to mourn for your BABY as much as any other child that is lost. It is completely understandable that you are having a hard time now since your baby was just due. I will be praying for you and that you will be surrounded by sensitive and loving friends that will help you through this difficult time. (Sorry - I tend to get a little fired up when people say they are not real babies) 

beach_babies
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:01 PM
You are not holding on to much! People who say that are idiots! Your baby was real to you and as soon as you got a positive you had dreams for that child. If you really aren't friends with her I wouldn't have much to do with her. Hugs and I am sorry for your loss
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmom2be08
by Sarah on May. 1, 2012 at 12:01 PM

I just love it when people stick their foot in their mouth.  *insert sarcasm* You were carrying a baby...plain and simple.   I know it's hard, but ignore her comments.  I'm sorry she said that to you and please know that we understand.  Hugs!

busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on May. 1, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Exactly this!!

Quoting emilysingleton:

You are most definitely not holding on too much. Your "friend" is an idiot and not really a friend. Your BABY was a REAL BABY the minute you conceived. You have every right to mourn for your BABY as much as any other child that is lost. It is completely understandable that you are having a hard time now since your baby was just due. I will be praying for you and that you will be surrounded by sensitive and loving friends that will help you through this difficult time. (Sorry - I tend to get a little fired up when people say they are not real babies) 

Amy_M
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:19 PM

You have every right to feel the way you do.  Some people view pregnancies differently, but you dont share that view.  You have every right to mourn your loss.  If your friend doesnt understand than so be it.  You are not wrong.

hannahblevins
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Thank y'all soooo much!!!!! She just keeps agging everything on and it is fruustrating me! Then when she rubbed it in my face that after an abortion she was able to get pregnant and have her baby! I can't do this anymore with her. It has been like this since like november
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:23 PM

What the other ladies are saying! You lost your baby, take all the time you need to grieve and don't listen to rude insenitive people that have no idea what they are saying.

Hugs!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 6:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Tell her to come see me...I'll help her understand, sometimes a swift kick in the ass does wonders! You have every right to be upset, screw her!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeckyBun
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:53 PM
I agree with everyone else. What she said to you offends me and everyone else who has mc. There was a human being growing inside and their life was taken away from us. especially when we are trying to conceive. you try for so long and your baby angel is taken away. She is a jerk! A complete jerk! Argh!

Quoting hannahblevins:

Thank y'all soooo much!!!!! She just keeps agging everything on and it is fruustrating me! Then when she rubbed it in my face that after an abortion she was able to get pregnant and have her baby! I can't do this anymore with her. It has been like this since like november
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Irene1923
by Tina on May. 1, 2012 at 8:09 PM

As the other ladies have said so wonderfully...it was a baby, it was your baby that you lost and you have every right to grieve for as long as needed. It is not something you just "let go". I also agree that maybe she isn't someone you need to be around...right now you need positive people in your life to help you heal, not negative, insensitive, self-centered people who try to bring you down. Hope you don't have to hear anymore of her drivel.  *Hugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN