Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Not pregnant yet! :( help!

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:12 PM
  • 9 Replies
I miscarried 6 months ago and been trying to get
pregnant since my ovulation tests every month r
positive and I also tried basal temp!! Y am I not
pregnant yet!!! Any tips!?!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on May. 1, 2012 at 12:15 PM

In addition to temping and OPKs, I took a really good prenatal vitamin and guaifenesin (cough medicine) to help thin my cervical mucus to make it more hospitable to sperm. We also used pre-seed lubricant to create a hospitable environment for sperm. Good luck!!

Ashleysnicholas
by Ashley on May. 2, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I am unsure. Have you checked back with your doctor yet? I know some will start meds if you have been trying for six months depending on your age.

Good luck TTC and keep us updated.

mrsdukes2008
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Honestly, take a break! 

I just got my bfp last night...I m/c in November at 8 weeks! 

BD became a job, temping became a pain, poas for opks became an obsession...it was no longer fun. So we took the month off, even stopped using preseed, and ended up pregnant. I think sometimes we all get too involved in the process of ttc that we stress our bodies out too much!

Landonsmom0710
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:52 PM

honestly stop thinking about it. Stressing about being pregnant can cause you to not get pregnant. It took us a year to concieve landon and every month b4 i conceived him was opk's. the one month i don't do it is the month i concieved, with blake was a i'll get pg when i get pg and became pg the first month, when we lost him i was obsessed and back to opks, i never concieved until i stopped the opk's. the next month i got pg with britney. OPK's are good but if they cause you stress, like me, stop using them. We are ttc now and i won't use them.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
DarksMama
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:45 PM

You might want to check out the TTC boards. They have tons of awesome info. And while some people disagree, sometimes, there's nothing that works faster than getting a good bottle of wine (or whatever you drink) getting hammered with your DH, and having tons of good old fashioned wild drunken sloppy jungle lovins!

Make it fun, and not work...you'll get results faster that way. And tell DH to keep his boys cool. If he's wearing tighty whiteys, get him some boxers.

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on May. 2, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Sorry I don't have any advice because I didn't use opks or anything like that when I got pg with my rainbow baby. But I wanted to send tons of baby dust your way and I hope it happens for you soon.

casedellic.
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:16 AM

I'm in the same boat...going on 6 months and not pregnant. I stopped using opks but I do obsess during the ttw still..lol I just keep telling myself it will happen in time...just hang in there.

newmom2be08
by Sarah on May. 7, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Quoting Ashleysnicholas:

I am unsure. Have you checked back with your doctor yet? I know some will start meds if you have been trying for six months depending on your age.

Good luck TTC and keep us updated.

I agree.  Your doctor might have some ideas to help get your pregnant sooner.  Hope you get your BFP soon! 

busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on May. 7, 2012 at 11:46 PM

I'll add that it takes the average couple 8 months to conceive, so you're certainly not "abnormal" for taking this "long" to get pregnant again. I'll also echo what another lady said and suggest you check out the ttc boards - there's a lot of good advice in there. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)