Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Father's day?

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:41 PM
  • 7 Replies

I know mother's day is coming up soon and that got me thinking about father's day. My SO and I recently lost our son and it was his first and only child. I want to do something special for him. Have any of you ladies done something for your SO's? Any ideas or thoughts?

by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
iSMILEheCRIES
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 6:52 PM
No honey, but my intent is to let my boys sign whatever card I get and draw a tiny witch hat with angel wings on it (we called our baby the witch)..and just do that every year. Tell us what you come up with...interested to hear
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Briansgirl11
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:31 PM

my son and i got daddy a shirt and stuff but this time

turtlebear
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:03 AM

I just can't think of anything. We have some pictures and ours son's footprints. I want to do something that will mean something to him, but since he is a guy and he hasn't shown much outward feeling on our loss I don't know what would be a good place to even start thinking :/ I mean for *us* women we like homemade cards with hand prints type thing, but I don't think it will be the same thoughtful gift for a man....

turtlebear
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:49 PM

I have one thing in mind now. I got this visor clip for his car; its an angel that has a quote that say 'Never driver faster than your guardian angel can fly'. I feel like I should get him something else too.

TiphaniMommy
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Well since I miscarried this year and it was our second child (we have a living daughter) I'm not sure what to do. I know he will say let try again with making another child but I'm not ready yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iSMILEheCRIES
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:24 AM

maybe buy him a t-shirt that he would like (sports or whatever) and find a screen printing place and turn the shirt inside out and have them screen print your son's foot prints on the inside of the shirt over his heart... and leave him a note that says something like "sometimes its difficult for you to show how much you hurt, so here you can keep our son close to your heart"  I want to find something sweet for my boyfriend because our baby would have been his first blood child (he has a 6 year old that he just found out is not actually his). 

Ashleysnicholas
by Ashley on May. 9, 2012 at 9:56 AM

I haven't thought about it really. We have two boys already so I am not sure we will do anything differently. I think it would be a nice sentiment though. If you named your son, you might can get him something with the baby's name in it, or make a donation to a center that supports parents who have experienced loss in your husbands name, or what about naming a star? I know I have seen commercials where you can name a star in someone's name.

I am sorry for your loss.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)