Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

I am so darn confused(HELP ME!!!!!!)

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:31 PM
  • 6 Replies

So ladies as some of you know I had a m/c in mid march and I have had some difficulties with my hcg levels going down but got the shot and it helped it a little and I mean a little it went from 447 to 414 so I had blood drawn again today after bleeding for 5 days I thought this was my period but I was told its not because levels are still so high but after bleeding I know they had to drop some but just for kicks I took a pg test and a very faint line showed up and on my opk two lines showed up me and hubby have been having sex unprotected when I first took pg test lines came up very quick but I knew I wasnt then now I am not so sure its been almost two months since the m/c could I be pregnant again or could my levels still be elevated enough to get a bfp or could the faint line be a sign that my levels are dropping I should get my blood results tomorrow but just wanted to know if anybody had gone through this and found out they were pregnant

by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
newmom2be08
by Sarah on May. 2, 2012 at 11:03 AM

That does sound confusing.  :(  Did you ask you doctor about it?  If not, I would and I'm sure they would be able to explain in to you.  Hang in there!  Hugs!

Mrs.Campfield
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Bump and hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMiller2012
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Hi i am new to the group. I just wanted to say that it could be still from the other pregnancy. If your levels are still up they can cause the positive test. your levels need to be below 5 i believe for it to be a negative. still double check with  your md!  Keep your head up and stay positive. i myself have had 2 miscarriages and i know how difficult it is! Stay strong mama!

Mieshia78
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

UPDATE!!!! I got the results from my blood work this morning and although it is bitter sweet my levels have dropped from 447 to 194! That was the biggest drop ever I am so excited and cant wait for those few little points to drop so I cant really ttc again! Thanks for the people that replied (HUGS AND BABY DUST TO EVERYONE!!!!!!

busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on May. 2, 2012 at 12:57 PM

I'm glad you're making some progress. :) I was going to say that HCG in your system can make an OPK pop positive, so that's probably why. Keep in mind to that with OPKs it's not about whether or not there's two lines (there's almost ALWAYS two lines), it's about the test line being as dark or darker than the control line. Sorry if you already knew that, but a lot of ladies don't realize that sometimes. Good luck and I hope you're able to start TTC soon!!!

Quoting Mieshia78:

UPDATE!!!! I got the results from my blood work this morning and although it is bitter sweet my levels have dropped from 447 to 194! That was the biggest drop ever I am so excited and cant wait for those few little points to drop so I cant really ttc again! Thanks for the people that replied (HUGS AND BABY DUST TO EVERYONE!!!!!!

Mieshia78
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Thank You!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)