Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Heaven Is For Real

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:49 PM
  • 11 Replies

I highly recommend this book to you ladies.  The book is an easy read, might take you a day or two.  But the message is very powerful.  It talks about a little boy who undergoes surgery and "dies" and goes to Heaven and comes back to tell about it... the story is not "fake" sounding or doesn't sound "put on."  Part of the book deals with the little boy asking his mom about "the baby who died in her belly" (before he was born) and the mom asks "what was her name" and he told her "she doesn't have a name, you didn't name her."  I found the whole book really moving, but especially the part about the MC.  It also reminded me of the dream I had about meeting my baby in Heaven, and she was all grown up and she kept explaining weird things like the concept of time, light, and the appearance of objects to me... I also want to tell you ladies that I am not very religious AT ALL.  I believe in God, but other than that I never gave it much thought... and this book really made me think about God, but without making me feel like I was being preached to.  Anyone else read it?

by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilysMommy813
by Heather on May. 1, 2012 at 9:18 PM
I know, I want to read it, I should get it on my kindle so I can read it on the plane to Florida
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on May. 1, 2012 at 9:26 PM

I did read it and it was good. I still am not sure about it, but it is very encouraging to think about being with my son

sjamom
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I just read it.  It was really good. The part about the mc made me start thinking I should  name my baby.  I would recommend reading it!

iSMILEheCRIES
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:57 PM

way before I read the book I remember telling my boyfriend "I wanna name her because how the hell will I know which no named baby in Heaven is MINE?"  So we named her.. then I dreamed about her and she came up to me and introduced herself.

Quoting sjamom:

I just read it.  It was really good. The part about the mc made me start thinking I should  name my baby.  I would recommend reading it!

jr.williams5
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Yes I read it also. I enjoyed it. It helped knowing that my miscarried child is well and knows me. 

shelly69
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:49 AM

yes... my Pastor let me borrow it in Dec. after my loss...it was a great book & it was a easy read. I would like to think I will see all of my losses in heaven , butI had a confirmed blighted ovum in dec. not sure about the one in march, but my april one was a chemical so I do not know if these types actually go to heaven cause there was never a actual baby growing...you know what I mean...good book though..

iSMILEheCRIES
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:30 AM

I am worried about my chemical pregnancy in March too.  I believe babies are babies from the moment of conception... but I only knew about that baby for a short time, and I can't wrap my mind around the fact that it was a baby that belonged to me.  So I wonder will that baby be in Heaven too, and have a dishonored it (him) by not giving it a name?  I call it turtle baby, and I have a little turtle sitting next to my angel statue (for my 9 week loss) but I don't "know" that baby and it bothers me that I might get to Heaven and he might be there looking at me like "what about me Mom, why is Dani Jane so special?"  I just don't know about the chemicals and blighted ovums... I don't even know how to answer "how many children/losses do you have?"

Quoting shelly69:

yes... my Pastor let me borrow it in Dec. after my loss...it was a great book & it was a easy read. I would like to think I will see all of my losses in heaven , butI had a confirmed blighted ovum in dec. not sure about the one in march, but my april one was a chemical so I do not know if these types actually go to heaven cause there was never a actual baby growing...you know what I mean...good book though..

Mrs.Becki
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Heard about this book, will definitely read the book in the future!

KaTrina8187
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I read it, I loved it. It was AMAZING.

alanasmumma
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:02 PM

I read this book a few months ago. I liked it- not sure I believe everything 100% but I still thought it was good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)