Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

venting and needing to talk to someone

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:31 PM
  • 4 Replies

ok so im ttc but this post belongs in this group.....my husband just told me last night that since im not "over' losing my son who we lost in october he doesnt want another baby!! we have been trying for a couple of months and he said i want a "rebound baby"! it totally crushed my heart when he said that and he was totally heartless about it! how does one get "over" losing a baby that was full term and i was about to deliver but he got tangled up in his embilical cord and passed away! how do you get over that ever i told him, i told him that if im wrong for never being able to get over losing my son than he can be on his merry way and he dont have to be with me. just because i said once "i just lost my son and you expect me to get over it???" so he said its all about me all the time and i said im healing differently than you, you are hurting to and i never forget that but im hurting in a different way because i carried him for 40 weeks and felt him move inside me and bonded with him....im his mother and never got to take care of my son, he went back to work pretty fast after because he needed distraction but he also doesnt work in the general public like i did so its harder for me to have to go to work because i had to see babies and pregnant women and stuff so i quit my job because i couldnt handle it. well now im a piece of junk or something because i havent been working when he doesnt wanna understand anything im going thru. im so happy to have this group to come and vent to and talk to because i cant talk to him about any of this because he never wants to talk about it, he said RIP means let them rest in peace and leave it alone!!!! idk what to even do anymore

by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LilysMommy813
by Heather on May. 2, 2012 at 1:49 PM
I think you both may need to take some counseling together, I'm afraid this will drive a wedge between you two. It's very important you both understand how each other feel. Maybe he's scared to have another baby and using you as an excuse or maybe he is truly worried that you may need more time to grieve before getting pregnant again he is just saying in a totally inconsiderate way. I'm so sorry for your loss, and we all know you will never "get over" you son but someday will hopefully find peace. Counseling is an amazing tool in relationships, especially after such a tragic loss. Good luck honey (((hugs)))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofnoah208
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:34 PM
Im very sorry. It is so hard and your right, there is never a time you will be over loosing him. Hoping your hubby starts to understand and be supportive. And that you can get on the same page about ttc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tinyfootprint
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:33 PM

im sorry for your lost....and yes i dont think one can ever "get over it"...you just learn to live with it and continue living life....i know everyone does grieve in their own way...maybe counseling would be a good idea. best of luck :)

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on May. 2, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I think she said it best but I wanted to send some hugs your way ((Hugs))

Quoting LilysMommy813:

I think you both may need to take some counseling together, I'm afraid this will drive a wedge between you two. It's very important you both understand how each other feel. Maybe he's scared to have another baby and using you as an excuse or maybe he is truly worried that you may need more time to grieve before getting pregnant again he is just saying in a totally inconsiderate way. I'm so sorry for your loss, and we all know you will never "get over" you son but someday will hopefully find peace. Counseling is an amazing tool in relationships, especially after such a tragic loss. Good luck honey (((hugs)))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN