Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

I forgot my wedding anniversary

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:17 PM
  • 8 Replies

My husband and I have been so overwhelmed with grief and stress we almost forgot that today is our wedding anniversary. 3 years married today. I remembered as I was writting the date on something and I was like wait...today's the 3rd? May 3rd? Oh shit!

It's amazing how this grief can totally distract and consume you.

My husband called from work and remembered too. We are going to go out to eat tonight. It feels weird celebrating something when I am still so sad about our loss. This will be the first time in 3 weeks since i have worn make up. I was just too depressed to care before.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Ashleysnicholas
by Ashley on May. 3, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Happy anniversary! It is so hard to be happy on good days when you feel like crap.  I hope that you are able to have a good time. ((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

MommaBoop922
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Happy Anniversary!! I hope you are able to have a nice dinner despite everything you are going through... Sometimes getting dressed up and getting out of the house is good for the soul... it may help you two reconnect and move foward with your grieving ((HUGS)) :) 

mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on May. 3, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Happy Anniversary and I hope you can have a good night together

BlackCat7
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:22 AM

thank you

BeckyBun
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:43 AM
I totally agree. Happy anniversary to the both you. I'm glad you both made efforts to get out. And I hope it was a good evening. Many hugs to you.

Quoting MommaBoop922:

Happy Anniversary!! I hope you are able to have a nice dinner despite everything you are going through... Sometimes getting dressed up and getting out of the house is good for the soul... it may help you two reconnect and move foward with your grieving ((HUGS)) :) 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on May. 4, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Happy Anniversary! I hope you were able to enjoy your evening. :)

newmom2be08
by Sarah on May. 4, 2012 at 9:20 AM

That's understandable.  Happy Anniversary!  Hugs!

Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Happy Anniversary!!

I know it is hard to be happy and celebrate when you are so sad, but good for you for oging out and celebrating anyway! Your angels would want you to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)