Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

coping after miscarriage

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:48 AM
  • 9 Replies
Hi everyone. I miscarried April 30, 2012, when I was 7 weeks 5 days pregnant. Exactly one week before, I had seen my baby's heartbeat on an ultrasound. I had been bleeding for two weeks prior to the miscarriage, started out as brown, then went to pink, then to red, then dark red. My ob was informed the minute I started spotting. He assured me everything was fine, just to rest, etc.
I am having a lot of trouble dealing with the loss of my little one. Some days I feel ok with it, others I am angry at myself for not demanding that the doctor do more and run more tests. Deep down I had this feeling. I just knew that something was wrong, but I was told that it was just new mommy paranoia.
Any advice on how I can handle this? I am truly devastated. My husband is so patient with me, and I am very grateful for him. Will I ever want to get out of bed again?
This was my first pregnancy after ttc for five years.
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on May. 4, 2012 at 1:01 AM

((hugs)) i'm so sorry for your loss hun and i'm sorry your dr just brushed you off.  I know it doesn't seem like it now but things will get easier.  You never forget about your angel baby but you eventually get to a point where you will be at peace with it. 

BeckyBun
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:01 AM
I'm sorry for your loss. Five years is pretty long. I know you're full of emotions. The only thing I can say is that by you joining this group, talking with ladies who understand you, is a great start to get a handle of your loss. I find it better and easier to talk and talk and talk about my mc with ppl who understand. I love my friends and all, but they can say the wrong things. take your time coping. Hug up on dh. We're here for you, as well. warm hugs to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on May. 4, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Quoting cali_angel_girl:

((hugs)) i'm so sorry for your loss hun and i'm sorry your dr just brushed you off.  I know it doesn't seem like it now but things will get easier.  You never forget about your angel baby but you eventually get to a point where you will be at peace with it. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashleysnicholas
by Ashley on May. 4, 2012 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I am so very sorry for your loss. TTC for five years alone is mentally exhausting. Take your time to grieve and do what you need to to take care of yourself.

Please also reach out here as much as you can. You will find some really supportive people here.

JMiller2012
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I know the exact feeling. You will want to get out of bed. As hard as it seems now. It took me a very long time. Some days i still feel like laying in my bed crying my eyes out and i lost my first in November. Just think of all the support you have and no  you are not alone. One day you will have your little angel staring back at you. Looking forward to that day is what keeps me going. Good luck to you and take your time getting back on your feet. Let people be your crutch for a while.

mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on May. 4, 2012 at 12:05 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. Although you will always miss your baby, you will feel better over time and beable to resume your daily routines. Maybe you can do a little memorial for your baby or buy/make something for him/her. You could write to your baby or just write out all your emotions and feelings that are hard to talk to others about. Listening to music helped me. Thinking of you

lynnlynn0517
by on May. 18, 2012 at 2:00 AM
Quoting mommyofnoah208:

I am so sorry for your loss. Although you will always miss your baby, you will feel better over time and beable to resume your daily routines. Maybe you can do a little memorial for your baby or buy/make something for him/her. You could write to your baby or just write out all your emotions and feelings that are hard to talk to others about. Listening to music helped me. Thinking of you

I actually have done that. For mothers day, DH bought me an engraved pendant with the mc date and angel baby and forever love engraved on it. A friend of mine on Facebook sent me a poem and I fixed it up really pretty on my computer and framed it and now it hangs on ky bedroom wall. I also changed my profile pic and DH and I have designed a tattoo that we will get to always keep our angel baby in our hearts. I have managed to get out of bed, but the derision and insomnia got so terrible I had to go see my family doc and have some mess prescribed. Thank you all for your kind words of support. I am dealing with this a little at a time. I'm taking baby steps. I am ttc again, bc I know I want to be pg again right away. Hugs and sticky baby dust to you all.
Ashleysnicholas
by Ashley on May. 18, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I am sorry for your loss. GL TTC.

Quoting lynnlynn0517:

Quoting mommyofnoah208:

I actually have done that. For mothers day, DH bought me an engraved pendant with the mc date and angel baby and forever love engraved on it. A friend of mine on Facebook sent me a poem and I fixed it up really pretty on my computer and framed it and now it hangs on ky bedroom wall. I also changed my profile pic and DH and I have designed a tattoo that we will get to always keep our angel baby in our hearts. I have managed to get out of bed, but the derision and insomnia got so terrible I had to go see my family doc and have some mess prescribed. Thank you all for your kind words of support. I am dealing with this a little at a time. I'm taking baby steps. I am ttc again, bc I know I want to be pg again right away. Hugs and sticky baby dust to you all.

Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I am so sorry for you loss!! Hugs sweetie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)