Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

My Precious Isabelle Grew Wings on 5/3/12

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:33 PM
  • 73 Replies
2 moms liked this

As many of you know I have been in this group since November 2011 when we found out are 3rd child (first girl) was diagnosed with Anencephaly (missing part or all of the skull and brain).  Her prognosis was that she could die anytime, be still born or die shortly after birth.  I went got to the hospital at 8:30 am and was induced at 10:00 am and they broke my water was well as gave me pitocin.  

ISABELLE COLLEEN was born sleeping at 6:15 pm weighing 5lbs 11oz.  I was so blessed that I was able to have her vaginally and feel her push out.  I was heartbroken that she died most likely during pushing as I she was also breech.  But I was able to hold her and love on her for 5 hours before I let her go as we had decided to donate her heart valves to save other babies and so other parents wouldn't have to go through losing a baby as well.  She was so beautiful and it was so hard to say goodbye and let her go.  My boys (5yrs and 2yrs) did very well.  My oldest loved on her and kept wanting to hold her and my youngest was even curious and smiled at her.  When everyone was leaving my oldest came up to Isabelle and me and said "Bye Isabelle, be good for God."  It was a very sweet and emotional time to have with my precious angel.  The hardest thing I ever had to do was let her go because I knew I wouldn't see her sweet face again.  

Here is a pic DH took.  We had lots of people take other pictures but with their cameras so we don't have too many and none of close ups of Isabelle.  When I get back pictures from Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep photographer I will post a few.  Thank you everyone for your support and prayers.

by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1st_time_mom789
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I'm so sorry mama. prayers to you and your family.

november117
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:36 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. This made me cry. I can't even imagine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amy_M
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:40 PM

I am so sorry to hear that she was born sleeping, but I am glad you got to hold her for the 5 hours.  I am continuing to pray for you and your family.  You have a smart little boy there!  What he said made me cry!!!

TessaRae01
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I am so very sorry for your loss. I can not imagine how you are all feeling right now.

Binkxo
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:45 PM

♥

mom2hadley
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:48 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss :(
Iluvmyshortcake
by Jenny on May. 4, 2012 at 3:16 PM
So sorry for your loss and I'm glad u wil have picture to remember your sweet isabelle she is beautiful I will keep prayers going for you and your family durning this time!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on May. 4, 2012 at 3:20 PM
My heart is breaking for you. Even though I knew this day was coming for you it's still so hard to hear. Many prayers and hugs to you and your family. God bless you all. You have a beautiful angel now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahtessa
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 3:28 PM
God Bless Isabelle <3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beach_babies
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:34 PM
I'm so sorry. I think it's wonderful that you donated her heart valves. Just think in a way she lives on in them and how you as her parents gave other children back their lives. You are a strong family! My daughter was sitting beside me when I read your post and I told her your story. She said that's so sad, then I showed her the picture. She said oh my goodness she's so beautiful! And my daughter was right she is. Hugs to you and your family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)