Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

As many of you know I have been in this group since November 2011 when we found out are 3rd child (first girl) was diagnosed with Anencephaly (missing part or all of the skull and brain).  Her prognosis was that she could die anytime, be still born or die shortly after birth.  I went got to the hospital at 8:30 am and was induced at 10:00 am and they broke my water was well as gave me pitocin.  

ISABELLE COLLEEN was born sleeping at 6:15 pm weighing 5lbs 11oz.  I was so blessed that I was able to have her vaginally and feel her push out.  I was heartbroken that she died most likely during pushing as I she was also breech.  But I was able to hold her and love on her for 5 hours before I let her go as we had decided to donate her heart valves to save other babies and so other parents wouldn't have to go through losing a baby as well.  She was so beautiful and it was so hard to say goodbye and let her go.  My boys (5yrs and 2yrs) did very well.  My oldest loved on her and kept wanting to hold her and my youngest was even curious and smiled at her.  When everyone was leaving my oldest came up to Isabelle and me and said "Bye Isabelle, be good for God."  It was a very sweet and emotional time to have with my precious angel.  The hardest thing I ever had to do was let her go because I knew I wouldn't see her sweet face again.  

Here is a pic DH took.  We had lots of people take other pictures but with their cameras so we don't have too many and none of close ups of Isabelle.  When I get back pictures from Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep photographer I will post a few.  Thank you everyone for your support and prayers.

by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:33 PM
Replies (21-30):
Mommy2BeAmy
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:43 PM

OMG my eyes are so blurry as I try to type this I am crying typing this to you its so hard to even fathom losing a baby...

I joined this group 01/2012, pregnant with my first and she is a little girl...I read my worst nightmare on your post, which is to lose her...I am so so so sorry, really I cant imagine how you must feel, how you go on with your days...you will always be in my prayers, and I hope soon you have a healthy little angel.

I really wish I had the right words to say to you..i really wish I knew what could help you. I am so sorry, so sorry. :(

mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on May. 4, 2012 at 5:44 PM

I am so sorry :( We all have been thinking/praying for you and your family. She is beautiful and glad you and your family were able to hold her.  Thinking of you. You are amazinly strong to have donated her heart valves to save another child. Your daughter will forever be remembered

Jaydons_mommy09
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Quoting jessica11r:

Such a beautiful little girl. I think it's amazing that you donated her heart valves. She will help some other family and live on through them. I will keep you in my prayers.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilysingleton
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:01 PM

I am so very sorry for your loss. Your Isabelle is beautiful. I will continue praying for you and your family.

GoldenLinds
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Strength and peace be with you. God knows you are a testament to mothers and love. She's beautiful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CANDYLC
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:05 PM
Very sorry for your loss
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3070809
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Quoting Amy_M:

I am so sorry to hear that she was born sleeping, but I am glad you got to hold her for the 5 hours.  I am continuing to pray for you and your family.  You have a smart little boy there!  What he said made me cry!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Irene1923
by Tina on May. 4, 2012 at 7:35 PM

I am so sorry.  You are such a strong family and so very selfless to donate her heart valves.  And though she was born sleeping, I am glad you got to hold her.  She is truly beautiful.  

jeniemarie
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 7:50 PM

There are no words to express how sorry I am for your family's loss. She is truly a beautiful little girl and is a gorgeous angel now watching over you. I cant imagine how hard this is for your family. Ill be continuing my prayers for your family and praying god gives you the strength and guidance for the choices that have to be made now.

hugs

LilysMommy813
by Heather on May. 4, 2012 at 8:05 PM
I'm so sorry, she is beautiful. I'm heartbroken for you. God bless you and your family and little Isabelle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)