Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

I'm new here...

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:07 PM
  • 9 Replies
Hello-
My name is Jen and this is my first post here...

I am nearly 28 years old and have had two miscarriages in the past year- my first one in June 2011 and my second one was a few months ago in March. I wasn't over my first one and then my second one happened and the pain and grief are so overwhelming.

I still feel absolutely awful about my first one and still feel that it was my fault. I was killing a spider on the wall above my bed and was talking on the phone and just walked off my bed. I landed on my front and ended up breaking a bone in my foot. I miscarried two days later.

Neither pregnancy was planned but my ex-boyfriend and I were together for the first one and not together for the second one (wrong, I know).

I just don't know how to deal with this any more. Any advice, tips or new friendships would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks.
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
emilysingleton
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:16 PM

I had my first miscarriage in March also. I can't imagine having lost two in such a short time. But I think the only thing that will help you deal is time. I thought I should be over it by now but have come to realize since joining this group that you will never get over it and it's ok that I am still not ok. Being on this group and posting or just reading everyone elses post has really helped me tremendously. 

If you want a friend and want to talk, I am here. 

tinyfootprint
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:29 PM
I lost my son in march as well....the first few weeks were very hard....but I have to honestly say I do smile today....I think of him everyday...and hope to one day be blessed with another child....time does help...I did a few things in his memory that helped me healed alot...this website helped alot too....I have a bond with these women who totally Understand my pain and my hopes for the future...we r here for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on May. 7, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I'm so sorry for your losses. Just take it one day at a time, don't let anybody rush you through it, and ignore the usually unhelpful input from those who have never been in your (our) shoes. After a while it will get easier, but you will never be "over it", so don't feel pressured by anyone to "get over it". Hugs to you, and we're all here for you!

Ashleysnicholas
by Ashley on May. 7, 2012 at 11:08 PM
I am sorry for your losses. I have had two consecutive losses too and it is incredibly hard. I nope you find peace as comfort soon.
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on May. 8, 2012 at 12:28 AM

((hugs)) i'm so sorry for your losses hun

smilejen4
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:07 AM
Thanks for the support ladies. You all have no idea how much this means to me right now.
marsh48433
by Lisa, Michigan mom on May. 8, 2012 at 9:11 AM

I wish I had the magic words to heal or make you feel better but unfortunately those don't exist!  The only answer that I know of is time.........not what you wanted to hear, right?  I am so sorry for your losses, please don't think it's your fault.  My advice is to feel what you feel, express it in some form.  Burying it is not going to help you heal, it will pop up later on.....I did this w/my 2nd loss.  HUGS!!

Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I am so sorry for your losses. Time will lessen the pain, but I don't think it will ever go away. It just changes. I lost my son in January (full term, stillborn) and I still think about him every day. But I am finally able to smile and not feel guilty. The pain is still there, its just different.

Hugs and prayers sweetie.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Irene1923
by Tina on May. 8, 2012 at 10:32 AM

I am so sorry for your losses.  I just turned 29 but also had two losses at 28, one in August and one in January.  I was still struggling with the first when we lost the second.  It made the pain that much worse.   It does get easier after a time.  I've found some peace now with both losses but it has been a long road.  Take your time and grieve at your own pace....no one can tell you when to stop hurting (and I doubt the pain will ever truly go away).  Vent here, lean on those around you for support, and I am a big believer in surrounding yourself with positive, happy things - do things and see people that make you happy.   Hugs and I hope you find some peace soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)