Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

New here! My story!!

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:25 AM
  • 14 Replies

Hello everyone, Im new here as the title says.  Im hoping to get support from others that know what I am going through.  Here is my story:

In February I found out yet again I was pregnant (its the third pregnancy, one full term and one miscarriage).  Talked to a lot of people and found a good high risk doctor, so I thought.  Went in at 6 weeks, saw the heartbeat.  He assured me that once you see it then chance of miscarriage drops.  Then went in twice after that, got to hear the heartbeat.  My last apt with him was 5/3/2012, I asked about any further testing and so forth and he wasnt intrested in doing any as I passed the first trimester.  Later that night I lost my mucus plug, called and he said not to worry it will regenerate its self and its no problem.  Of course I believed him.  The next night (friday) I started getting a lot of pressure and back pain that was constant, called again, he said it was just the streatching of the uterus as baby was growing and trying to move out of pelvic area.  So he said that on monday to call and get an apt to come in to get checked.  On sunday morning, I was laying down and all of a sudden felt a gush of fluid, got up went to the bathroom to check and it was mixed with blood.  Instead of calling this time I went to ER.  Upon arriving there the back pain and pressure started again.  Baby had a heartbeat, so they took their time on checking me.  After a while they came back and I was dialated to 3 and they could feel the baby's little feet and umbilical cord.  Ultrasound showed that there was no fluid around the baby.  There was nothing they could do.  I was brought to delivery where I was informed that I had to labor until baby was born.  8 hours later still dialated to 3, a perfect and super tiny little baby was born.  I knew it was to early for it to survive, thankful that it didnt have a heartbeat when born, I dont think I could have watched it die.  I was able to hold and see it, and got some great pictures.  About 2 hours later the placenta came.  Since this is my second miscarriage they are going to do testing to find out why and if it was a boy or girl.  I left the hospital 3 hours later. 

I just cant help but feel cheated!  My doctor was suppose to be high risk and everyone told me he was good.  Since I went in at high risk from previous pregnancies, I figured he would have done further testing and NT Scan and so forth.  I had a five minute ultrasound at 6 weeks just to get a for sure due date and see heartbeat, and the next 2 apt only lasted maybe 20 minutes long enough to hear heartbeat and wait on UA results.  He shouldnt have told me that everything was normal when I called, he should of had me go in for a check.  I cant really blame him 100%, but I cant not blame him either.  I feel as if I did something wrong, it is after all my second miscarriage in a row.

Sorry so long!  Thanks for listening.

by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shelly69
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:49 AM

I am sorry :(

ashermeta
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:02 AM
So sorry for your losses. Doctors can be really ignorant. I was told I was 100% too and sure enough I lost the baby. I know my body and still so frustrated they wouldn't listen enough to help me. ((Hugs mama))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashleysnicholas
by Ashley on May. 8, 2012 at 7:25 AM
I am sorry too. It is so heartbreaking. You have come to he right place. There are a lot of people here who understand. Take time to grieve your loss. I hope that the testing provides answers.
lovelove211
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:26 AM
I am so sorry :( hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marsh48433
by Lisa, Michigan mom on May. 8, 2012 at 9:06 AM

I am so sorry for your losses!  I know you want to place blame somewhere, we all do!  Given he was a high risk doctor I would think that he would have been a little more attentive to you and your needs, especially w/those symptoms.  We you referred to this doc from your previous OB?  Just curious because I've suffered two consecutive losses but am not seeing a high risk doc, was not referred.  However, my doc is awesome and I honestly don't know that I'd trust anyone else!  Plus, he did mention to me that the "rule of thumb" (as crazy as it sounds to us) is that until you've suffered three losses they just don't go overboard w/testing and such.

Again, I am so sorry for your losses!  One of mine was very similar to yours.......I was 19w when I delivered our son, Owen.  It was the hardest thing I've ever done......going through that whole labor process and walking out empty handed  :(  HUGS!

Heartbroken285
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Yes I was refered, as the clinic that are closest to me refused to see me with all the problems I had with my DD and then the first miscarriage after that.  I was informed that since they dont deal with high risk pregnancies that I would have to go the extra half hour to one that does.  Upon leaving the hospital this time I was told that I am at an even higher risk now, so I am pretty sure that when I have another child I will be looking around for yet another high risk doctor that will do something. 

Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:14 AM

I am so sorry for your losses. That is terrible that the dr. didn't do more for you. ((HUGS))

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
AidensMommy1026
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:00 AM

I am so sorry for your losses mama! ): 

Landonsmom0710
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on May. 8, 2012 at 1:51 PM
I am sorry. :( did he not give you the option for an NT scan? Or were you looking for other testing? The NT scan is fairly common, even for moms who aren't high risk. My OB doesn't do them routinely, but it's certainly something he offers to all his patients. I'm sorry things transpired that way - it is so hard not to place the blame on someone. :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN