Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

OT- prayers please- updated 5/16

Posted by on May. 13, 2012 at 11:31 PM
  • 12 Replies

I am once again asking for prayers- my grandma has been in and out of the hospital since February- she's currently in the hospital again and is not doing well. Her numbers (not sure what exactly) keep going up instead of going down and her kidneys are failing. They have told her she has till tomorrow to decide if she wants to try dialysis or not. She has said she does not want it- without it she is not going to get better, she's just going to get worse. I guess they are saying that she will only have a few weeks left more than likely. I know she is tired of fighting and is just about ready to let go and I am "ok" with that- I am just asking that you keep our family in your prayers as we go through this time. Thanks in advance.

******UPDATE*******

My grandma had a really good day yesterday but I know- that it is her last burst of energy before she gives up. My Aunt posted an update on Facebook tonight- this is what it said:

Grammie update... just put her to bed about a half an hour ago... she is very tired.. not just physically but she's also tired of living the way she is now... she wanted to be alone this afternoon so she asked me to take her to the bathroom and when we got there she just wanted to sit in her wheelchair for a bit. she told me she was basically drained .... she wasn't as good today as she was yeste...rday... however she did eat a bit of supper... she had taco casserole...
I'm finding it hard to update anything other than that she is doing "OK" but not REALLY OK...
if anyone has any specific questions Please ask... I know OK doesn't really cover it but ........
she told me last night not to put the chair that was in her room downstairs cause it was only gonna be a few more days anyway... What do I say to that....???? I told her it was fine.... she'd have as much time as she needs... and when it was time it would be OK..

It's tough knowing that she's ready to go- but we know that she is tired and has been fighting for a long time. So please continue to keep my family in your prayers as we get ready to say goodbye to someone who has meant so much to so many of us.
by on May. 13, 2012 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Iluvmyshortcake
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:40 PM
Will be praying for u and ure family that peace be over all of u! My grandpa passed away cause his kidney failed. It is a very hard thing to deal with I'm here If u wanna talk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmom2be08
by Sarah on May. 14, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Praying!

alanasmumma
by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Thanks- she's been suffering from CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) for quite a while now but the last few months she doesn't seem to be getting any better. This time when she was released from the hospital today- they told us that it would probably be only a few days to a week left. She's in Maine and I'm in Colorado so I am working on packing things up and getting ready for the trip that I know I will have to go on soon. Your prayers mean a lot right now. We are not "asking" for her to get better because we know that her time is coming, we just need the reassurance that we are going to be able to pull through this and be there for each other. None of us want her to suffer.

Quoting Iluvmyshortcake:

Will be praying for u and ure family that peace be over all of u! My grandpa passed away cause his kidney failed. It is a very hard thing to deal with I'm here If u wanna talk.

alanasmumma
by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Thank you! It means a lot right now.

Quoting newmom2be08:

Praying!

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on May. 14, 2012 at 10:58 PM

She will be in my thoughts ((hugs))

alanasmumma
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Updated today- Thank you in advance for your prayers

mommyofnoah208
by on May. 16, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Thinking of you and your family :( i know this is a difficult time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmom2be08
by Sarah on May. 17, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Your grandma sounds just like my grandma.  When she could talk, she would always tell us that she is ready to go home and be with Jesus.  We just tell her that we understand.  Here she is months later though, still hanging on and apparently Jesus isn't quite ready for her yet.  There must be some reason that she continues to be with us, but we are prepared for her to "go".  I keep waiting for the phone to ring and I know someday soon we will be getting that call.  Praying for you and your grandma and your entire family.  It's not easy to watch a loved one suffer!  HUGS! 

Amy_M
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 9:42 AM

I am so sorry.  I will be praying for you an her.

Iluvmyshortcake
by on May. 17, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Oh sweetie I have been praying for your grandma and you're family durning this time and I will keep praying!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)