Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Good Stress reliever?

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:55 AM
  • 7 Replies
What are some great things I can do to relieve stress?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
alanasmumma
by on May. 14, 2012 at 1:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I enjoy taking a hot bath and reading a book. Lighting candles and just using that time to not think about anything beyond what I am reading is always a good way for me to relax.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on May. 14, 2012 at 1:38 AM
2 moms liked this

Exercising can help and a good thing to focus on.  I plan on doing that when I get more recovered from delivering my angel.  I have taken a bubble bath and read a book and those are good things to do as well.  Try picking up a hobby you want to try or did before.  Sometimes even getting out of the house and doing something for myself no matter how little or small helps me.

mrsrains
by on May. 14, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Thanks Ladies!

Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2012 at 12:37 PM

I like to take walks or write to relieve stress. Or just laying down, not really sleeping but not really doing anything else either.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
newmom2be08
by Sarah on May. 14, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Do you have any hobbies?  When I had my appt. with my endocrinologist a few weeks ago and I was mentioning how anxiety was taking over my life, my doctor asked if I had a hobby.  She told me that she deals with anxiety, mainly at night, and she plays the piano to relax.  My son's 4 year b-day is coming up and I decided to make the decorations for his parties (I used to just buy them), and I feel quite a release from it.  Honestly, I don't have a "crafty" bone in my body, but I'm realizing that maybe I'm better at it than I thought!  ;)   If you can find something to focus your attention on, it may help.  Taking up a hobby may be very therapeutic for you.  I know it's helping me!  Hang in there...hugs! 

mrsrains
by on May. 14, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Quoting newmom2be08:

Do you have any hobbies?  When I had my appt. with my endocrinologist a few weeks ago and I was mentioning how anxiety was taking over my life, my doctor asked if I had a hobby.  She told me that she deals with anxiety, mainly at night, and she plays the piano to relax.  My son's 4 year b-day is coming up and I decided to make the decorations for his parties (I used to just buy them), and I feel quite a release from it.  Honestly, I don't have a "crafty" bone in my body, but I'm realizing that maybe I'm better at it than I thought!  ;)   If you can find something to focus your attention on, it may help.  Taking up a hobby may be very therapeutic for you.  I know it's helping me!  Hang in there...hugs! 

That sounds fun! I'm a poet but I am onky successful in my writing when the topic comes to mind. However I can start a journal. Thanks!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Ashleysnicholas
by Ashley on May. 15, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Exercise is a great way. Also walking. Even a relaxing bath or listening to soothing music.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)