Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Losing my mind

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:51 PM
  • 8 Replies

In Nov 2011, my husband and I found out we were pregnant with our first child which was the most exciting thing to happen besides our wedding. Within a month, we miscarried. I had a d&c in Dec which was emotionally destroying for me. I resumed my period (which was irregular, one month 42 days, next month 36 days) and since Feb, we've been ttc again. Its now May and nothing...Help me understand whats going on!!

by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
FindingDiamond
by on May. 14, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Unfortunately, it can be frustrating, but your body has to do its own thing. Maybe try to do something to relax and not stress and allow it to happen naturally.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilysMommy813
by Heather on May. 14, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Our bodies get so messed up after mc. I had a d&c on April 6th and still no period, it's a bummer. I wish I had some advice but just try and relax and allow your body time to heal :) I'm sorry for your loss
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on May. 14, 2012 at 11:00 PM

((hugs)) i'm sorry for your loss hun.  And I know it's frustrating but it can take awhile for our bodies to get back to normal after a loss so just give it some time hun.

busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on May. 14, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I'm sorry. :( Like the other ladies have said, sometimes it takes a while for our bodies to return to "normal" after a birth or a miscarriage. Are you tracking your ovulation signs to verify that you are actually ovulating (like charting your basal temps, checking cervical mucous, using OPKs, etc)? Also, as frustrating as it is, it takes the average couple 8 months to conceive - not everybody can get it on the first try! Hang in there - fingers crossed that it happens for you soon!

Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I have to agree with the other ladies, give your body time to heal and get itself back togehter, a lot of times when you get pregnant is when you decide to just give up.

Good luck ttc, I hope you get your bfp (big fat postive) soon. I am aslo VERY sorry for your loss.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on May. 15, 2012 at 12:29 AM
So sorry for your loss. It really can take your body a while to get backon track. Good luck ttc
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmom2be08
by Sarah on May. 15, 2012 at 9:42 AM

I'm sorry for your loss.   :(  I know it's frustrating to not be pregnant again, but sometimes it takes time.  If several months pass and you are still not pregnant, a follow-up appt. with your doctor may be beneficial.  Hang in there...hugs!

Ashleysnicholas
by Ashley on May. 15, 2012 at 1:31 PM

This. I am really sorry for your loss. IT is such a frustrating process.

Quoting newmom2be08:

I'm sorry for your loss.   :(  I know it's frustrating to not be pregnant again, but sometimes it takes time.  If several months pass and you are still not pregnant, a follow-up appt. with your doctor may be beneficial.  Hang in there...hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)