Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Im going through a blight ovum miscarrage thats gone on so long, its hard to move on emotionally.

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:55 AM
  • 9 Replies

---UPDATE 8-22-12 ---

It is finally over. After 4.5monthes I am finally back to normal. Its been along hard emotional, mental road but we made it. after my last update everything got worse. I spotted from July 2nd till August 1st. Then it turned into a heavy cycle for just a little over 2 weeks. It has now been one week since I have had any thing at all. It is nice to have my body back.

--- UPDATE 5-30-12 ---
So last Thursday my blood work came back at 85. Its taken forever but its going down. And even better news, I haven't spotted in 2 days. Next step, regular cycle. Never thought I'd be looking forward to a period....

On Jan 19, 2012 I had the Marina IUD removed due to some unwanted side effects. My soon to be Hubby and I decided we would wait a while before we ttc but it wasn't long before the desire to have a baby really took over. I hadn't had a cycle yet and my last cycle after the IUD was inserted was Nov 2010, so yes I realize we should have let my body recover before jumping in but we didn't. I felt the ovulation pain on Feb 6 then my breast started hurting on the 16th. We officially found out we was prego with our second child on March 3 (2days after my bday). We was ecstatic. I had all the right symptoms up till it was getting close for the ultrasound on the 26 of March. That day ended up being the unhappiest day of my life. At the ultra sound all we seen was an empty sac. Nothing. So that led to blood test that showed that my hgc levels where decreasing. That's when I finally noticed that all my prego systoms had gone away. I had just thought I was over that first hump of sickness. So from March 26 till April 17 I was on pins and needles waiting for it to happen. Waiting for the pain and mess. The 17th was when the spotting started. Not sure if you can even call it that. It wasn't much. Just a little bit of cramping but nothing I wasn't used to with a normal cycle. So here it is, almost a month later and its still going on. Spotting on occasion especially after intercourse. My dr doesn't want to give my a d&c because this is my first m.c. and she doesn't want to chance scare tissue. Although I understand it, its still been hard. I know I haven't had it as bad as some of the moms I have read on here but emotionally its been so hard. I try to put on a happy attitude and be cheerful but it catches up to me. Guess it did majorly yesterday. I kept that I should be a few months prego and starting to show... so today I crashed. Hubby tries but I don't think he understands. I know we will try again but that doesn't make this any easier. I just needed to get it out. Thanks for reading this.

by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Ashleysnicholas
by Ashley on May. 15, 2012 at 5:09 AM
I am sorry for all you are going through. It seems like a long time. I would maybe seek a second opinion. If you want a d&c you Gould have a right to that option. Especially after as long as you are going through.
Hang in there and keep us updated on how you are doing.
FindingDiamond
by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:07 AM
Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2012 at 8:13 AM

I agree with Ashley,I would get a second opinion, a month is a very long time to go through this.

Hugs sweetie!!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Hugs... where are your levels now?  I think you should get a second opinion.  Hugs honey, and I am sorry for your loss

newmom2be08
by Sarah on May. 15, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Quoting Ashleysnicholas:

I am sorry for all you are going through. It seems like a long time. I would maybe seek a second opinion. If you want a d&c you Gould have a right to that option. Especially after as long as you are going through.
Hang in there and keep us updated on how you are doing.

Agreed! 

LilysMommy813
by Heather on May. 15, 2012 at 9:55 AM
Definately get a second opinion after a month, that's such a long time to wait especially if you want to try again. I'm sorry you have to go through that, seems a bit cruel to me. Call your doctor back and let them know you have not had any bleeding yet and you want to be done, it's your body and your decision. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on May. 15, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Thinking of you. I agree to get a second opinion
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hevmccann
by New Member on May. 15, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Thank you for the responses. As of Thursday you hgc levels where 200. I asked if I could get another ultrasound done to see what's going on but was told that with the levels so low it means that its coming to an end and there wouldn't be anything to see. Yesterday there was barely any spotting at all. Maybe it is coming to the end. I just needed to talk about it.
alanasmumma
by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:10 PM
My thoughts exactly

Quoting Ladybugmama86:

I agree with Ashley,I would get a second opinion, a month is a very long time to go through this.

Hugs sweetie!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)