Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

So Frustrated

Posted by on May. 16, 2012 at 2:48 AM
  • 8 Replies

I have been a little upset and thought i would get this off my chest....Mother's day was a couple days ago and i love my mom to death but she just irritated me. I had mentioned the fact that i was making an appt. in Albany to see a fertility doctor, after two miscarriages in 4 months i thought we should get checked. Now she says wait a couple years and then try! i told you this is not the time. NOT THE TIME?! coming from someone who has never lost a child before. It was heartbreaking. No i am not married yes i am young but who the hell cares. Let me rip two children away from you and see how you feel? i just dont know why she would say that. She has never been in the situation and it wasnt like she was nice or compassionate about it. She is trying to help but a little support wouldnt kill her. After my first miscarriage i remember how excited i was when i became pregnant again...all she said was ok, i hope everything goes ok call me later. ugh. If and when i do get pregnant again she wont know until that baby is half way out!!! thanks for listening to me vent. just had to get it out!

by on May. 16, 2012 at 2:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2012 at 5:39 AM

I was really upset when my mom reacted similar to that when I told her I was pregnant with Ryder. She was to caught up in her own stuff to even care. While I was in the hospital after just giving birth to my stillborn son my mom went on and on and on about how my dad was a jerk and didn't let her bury her stillborn baby. I was so mad at her that I stopped talking ot her until just recently.

Sometimes people just think they know what is better for us then we do and they have a hard time expressing their concern.

Hugs! I am really sorry for your losses.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
FindingDiamond
by on May. 16, 2012 at 8:27 AM
Sorry for your loss. Sometimes other people just don't get it, especially family :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Sorry for you losses.  I think Mom's are difficult to deal with.  I really think they always see us as children and can't understand that we are grown ups with grown up problems and emotions.  She probably can't figure out why her kid is so worried about having a baby... Sorry sweetie, just don't let her get to you, you know you are doing what you need to do.

Ashleysnicholas
by Ashley on May. 16, 2012 at 11:10 AM

I am sorry your mom reacted that way. Hopefully she will be more understanding in time.

AshleyMarie88
by on May. 16, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Sorry hun. Some people just don't understand especially when they haven't been through it. The whole "i know how you feel" statement pisses me off because I think, "no, you dont!" But in this case, I DO know how you feel. It hurts, its a terrible loss. In time you will heal. I still get upset when I see pregnant women and I lost my baby in march. My OB told me to wait until 2mo after the loss to try again otherwise the same thing could happen. Just wait that time and give it another go. Your body just needs time to recover :) I hope you feel better and I hope you get your little miracle soon.

lynnlynn0517
by on May. 17, 2012 at 8:13 AM
I miscarried on April 30 when I was one day shy of eight weeks. Mother's Day was difficult for lr also, but with love and support from friends and my husband I was able to do ok. On tuesday, I found out that my super religious grandmother said that it was in the best interest of ky baby that it was never born because the world is so evil. She also told me that my bay was damned to Hell after I announced my pregnancy. This was my first mc and I am blaming myalef enougj without having that added to it. We are currently ttc, and if we are successful, then she will be the last person to know. I am so very sorry your mom said that to you. Some people just don't know how to react in situations like these.
Ashleysnicholas
by Ashley on May. 17, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Wow that is really mean what your grandmother said. I am sorry for your loss.

Quoting lynnlynn0517:

I miscarried on April 30 when I was one day shy of eight weeks. Mother's Day was difficult for lr also, but with love and support from friends and my husband I was able to do ok. On tuesday, I found out that my super religious grandmother said that it was in the best interest of ky baby that it was never born because the world is so evil. She also told me that my bay was damned to Hell after I announced my pregnancy. This was my first mc and I am blaming myalef enougj without having that added to it. We are currently ttc, and if we are successful, then she will be the last person to know. I am so very sorry your mom said that to you. Some people just don't know how to react in situations like these.

newmom2be08
by Sarah on May. 17, 2012 at 9:24 AM

I'm sorry your Mom wasn't more supportive.  :(  HUGS!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN