Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Incompetent cervix

Posted by on May. 24, 2012 at 3:32 PM
  • 18 Replies
At 16 years old (I hung out with the wrong guy) I had a miscarriage at 18 weeks. I was told I had a shortened cervix. This time around, I'm having an ultrasound to measure my cervix at 15 wks at which point my doc will decide what we need to do to move forward. Anyone else ever had this issue then went on to have a healthy baby??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 24, 2012 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LCLOVE
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2012 at 4:45 PM
Sorry I don't know but here is a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmom2be08
by Sarah on May. 24, 2012 at 4:45 PM

I don't have any experience with this, but I wanted to say I am sorry for your loss.  Hugs!

LysNVantesMom
by Member on May. 24, 2012 at 4:46 PM
My sister lost a baby girl due to that 18 weeks. She went on to have a healthy ds, but they stitched her cercix with a cerclage at 13 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heatherd09
by on May. 24, 2012 at 4:52 PM
I hope waiting til 15 wks isn't too long but that is what the doctor suggested so I guess I'll just have to have faith in that.

Quoting LysNVantesMom:

My sister lost a baby girl due to that 18 weeks. She went on to have a healthy ds, but they stitched her cercix with a cerclage at 13 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heatherd09
by on May. 24, 2012 at 5:33 PM
I am definitely freaking out a little bit
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on May. 24, 2012 at 7:23 PM

((hugs)) i'm sorry for your loss.  I haven't had any experiance with that but I think in that situation most drs will do what a preivous posted mentioned about doing a cerclage.

heatherd09
by on May. 24, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Ya. I'm thinking so. I actually called my doctors nurse today crying to see if we could measure my cervix before 15 weeks. So I'm hoping that will be possible in order to ease my mind and get this done ASAP.

Quoting cali_angel_girl:

((hugs)) i'm sorry for your loss.  I haven't had any experiance with that but I think in that situation most drs will do what a preivous posted mentioned about doing a cerclage.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aussiechic
by on May. 24, 2012 at 7:25 PM

i know several women who have and it gives me hope too! There is hope! I will most likely have a cerclage when i get to 14 weeks-16 weeks (per my MFM).  I know you are nervous.Me too... You are in my prayers.

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on May. 24, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that they get you in sooner.

Quoting heatherd09:

Ya. I'm thinking so. I actually called my doctors nurse today crying to see if we could measure my cervix before 15 weeks. So I'm hoping that will be possible in order to ease my mind and get this done ASAP.

Quoting cali_angel_girl:

heatherd09
by on May. 24, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Thank you!! And you are in mine as well :)

Quoting aussiechic:

i know several women who have and it gives me hope too! There is hope! I will most likely have a cerclage when i get to 14 weeks-16 weeks (per my MFM).  I know you are nervous.Me too... You are in my prayers.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)