Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

pain with miscarriage

Posted by on May. 24, 2012 at 5:48 PM
  • 8 Replies

so my m/c started monday after noon and I was told to expevt serious pain but so far I havent had nothing. Not even a little twinge. Is this normal?

by on May. 24, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
notjstanothrmom
by Member on May. 24, 2012 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I've had 4 miscarriages. 2 where I was doubled over in pain and felt like I was dying and 2 where there was not much pain at all.

Just make sure your bleeding is under control and that you're not passing massive clots.

I am sorry for your loss.

jonathansmom606
by Member on May. 24, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Thank you. Ive never had a m/c before so im just wondering. Everybody elese that i have knowen who had a m/c said it was the worse pain of their life.

I've had 4 miscarriages. 2 where I was doubled over in pain and felt like I was dying and 2 where there was not much pain at all.

Just make sure your bleeding is under control and that you're not passing massive clots.

I am sorry for your loss.

mommyofnoah208
by on May. 24, 2012 at 5:57 PM

I am not sure, I was induced and delivered at hospital and was in a lot of pain. But I think every situation and everybody is different. Thinking of you and so sorry for your loss

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on May. 24, 2012 at 7:21 PM

((hugs)) I'm sorry about your loss hun.  With mine I really wasn't in to much pain it just felt like really bad period cramps but nothing that had me doubling over in pain.

littlevoices
by on May. 25, 2012 at 8:35 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I didn't have much pain at all. I agree, make sure the bleeding is under control. I wouldn't wish the gong show I went through afterwards on anyone.

marsh48433
by Lisa, Michigan mom on May. 25, 2012 at 9:07 AM

I know everyone's experience is different but I think it also depends on how far along you were.  My only natural m/c experience was very painful and I have a high tolerance for pain.  My baby was 10w.  No one let me know it could be like that and I was very upset.  My docs office said "like a period" and I am sorry but it wasn't!  I would have opted for another route to be honest. Just monitor your blood loss, like another poster mentioned and possibly have some more powerful pain meds.....over the counter stuff didn't even dent the pain for me.  I am so sorry for your loss - HUGS!

Amber5151
by on May. 25, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Mine hurt pretty bad during the process of passing the baby (I was 11 Weeks) but I had bled for 3 days before it really started. And I waited 2 Weeks after the initial dx that the baby had no heartbeat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmom2be08
by Sarah on May. 25, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I think every woman is different and some experience a lot of pain and some have minimal pain.  I'm sorry for your loss.  :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN