Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

What the ... Blood???

Posted by on May. 25, 2012 at 11:09 PM
  • 6 Replies

I had my miscarriage on May 8th (at 12 weeks) and had my D&C on May 10th. I only bled for about 3 days (10th - 12th) and maybe some spotting on the 13th and haven't had any spotting or bleeding since. Well two days ago I started "bleeding" this brown stuff (almost looks like diarrhea (sorry)). Now I've seen old blood but this? could it be old blood just draining out or from the D&C? I've been dealing with it for 2 days almost 3 now and its so gross!!!

Melinda, Wife to a US Soldier & mommy to a beautiful daughter & handsome son
in love        toddler girl       toddler boy
8-10-2010      Allie 9-24-2008    Zachary 10-17-2010

by on May. 25, 2012 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
GoldenLinds
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2012 at 3:35 AM
Well that's unusual... I never had a d&c but that doesn't sound like anything I've heard of before. I think id put a call in to the nurse to check on it. Better safe than sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on May. 26, 2012 at 3:54 AM
This!!

Quoting GoldenLinds:

Well that's unusual... I never had a d&c but that doesn't sound like anything I've heard of before. I think id put a call in to the nurse to check on it. Better safe than sorry.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2012 at 6:31 AM

Agreed. Let us know whats going on.

Quoting GoldenLinds:

echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on May. 26, 2012 at 8:46 AM
This

Quoting GoldenLinds:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilysMommy813
by Heather on May. 26, 2012 at 7:27 PM
I had this same thing, had a d&c at 14 weeks, bled lightly 4 days, nothing for 9 days, then brown bleeding like a light period ( kind of curdled looking, sorry tmi) for 11 days. Call your doc if your concerned, my doc just said all the old blood, almost like "scabbing" from d&c sloughing off coming out, totally gross though :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1happym0m
by on May. 27, 2012 at 1:16 AM

I talked to my mom about it too (she's had a couple mc in the past) and she said its just old blood. but yeah its totally gross! its almost like chocolate pudding but not as dark. yuck!!!

Quoting LilysMommy813:

I had this same thing, had a d&c at 14 weeks, bled lightly 4 days, nothing for 9 days, then brown bleeding like a light period ( kind of curdled looking, sorry tmi) for 11 days. Call your doc if your concerned, my doc just said all the old blood, almost like "scabbing" from d&c sloughing off coming out, totally gross though :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)