Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

New miscarriage and new to site

Posted by on May. 26, 2012 at 1:12 PM
  • 9 Replies

I would be twelve weeks pregnant as of yesterday. Two days ago, I was having some pregnancy issues and I went in to see my provider. We were unable to find the fetal heart beat with the doppler, so I had an ultrasound. The ultrasound showed no fetal heart beat and that the fetus was the size of 7 weeks 5 days. I have been carrying a dead fetus for weeks. I am having difficulty wrapping my head around the whole idea. I have a D&C scheduled for next week if my body doesn't take care of it before then.

I never knew I could feel so sad, and I joined the site because I am curious to see how other women have dealt with this issue. It is hard to think about just going on with daily life right now as if nothing has happened. Any advice?

by on May. 26, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Jodilegan
by on May. 26, 2012 at 2:53 PM

I'm going thru the same thing, for the 2nd time this year. I MC feb 28th had D&C March 1st. April 1st found out I was PG again. Yesterday started spotting and cramoing, went to OB, no luck with doppler, hoping Baby was just hiding, they brought in US. No.... HB AGAIN. I haven't stopped crying. They drew blood for beta yesterday and will again tomorrow. I'm not bleeding heavy so DR will let me know about D&C again. i don't have much of a support group except yopu ladies on line. My husband.. well trys to be sympathetic, but.. While he has to work today, and 'm home cramping away (which is no where near as hurtful as my emotions) tells me I need to go pick his other 2 kids up ( ages 3&5)  WTF We have an 18month old here, and I'm going thru all these emotions, and he expects me to take on kids that don't listen for crap??? How unfair. 

Sweetie thier is no right way to tell you to handle this. We all handle it different. It's loss of a life and you'll need to go thru the grieving process. Anger, sadness, acceptence, some phases taken longer then others. For me... My Mom and Grandma are in heaven, and it helps me to picture my lil tiny ones in heaven with them, Grandma rocking them in her rocking chair like she did my sister and I.

I'm so sorry for your loss and I'm here if you need to talk.

MorganCandy666
by on May. 26, 2012 at 2:53 PM
It's normal to feel sad dear. I have had two miscarriages. You will have good & bad days. The death & due dates will be hard. I'm here 24/7 if you need anyone to talk to. <3
Ask any questions:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on May. 26, 2012 at 6:22 PM

((hugs)) i'm so sorry for your loss hun.  Like the other ladies have said the way your feeling is totally normal and you'll have your good days and your bad.  And I know it doesen't seem like it now but the days will get easier. 

Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on May. 27, 2012 at 9:59 AM

I personally haven't had a miscarriage, but it is normal to feel sad and just not know how to go on about life. But you don't have to act like nothing happened, you are heartbroken, you lost your baby. Take time to grieve and heal. Its okay if you need a lot of time to do that, or a little bit of time... Find out about a counselor or a support group in your area...

I am sorry for your loss!! Hugs and prayers.

Evis
by on May. 28, 2012 at 5:05 AM

So sorry for your loss, i mc at 14 weeks,baby died at 12 weeks, ( all this happened a month ago)i didnt know it until i went to the dr to heard the babys heart beat and dr didnt found it, she send me to get an ultrasound so they found out baby was dead. it was so hard to accepted. I didnt get a D & C , i had th baby at home with some medicine dr prescribed. I still sad, crying sometimes. DH is with me all the time so i keep busy myself....Ladies here are so nice and they understand us... hugs 

wspmama
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Thank you so much for all of your kind words. I haven't been on for awhile. I guess I just couldn't face the reality of it. Still very sad at times but I have been back as an active participant in the world for almost a couple of weeks now. I work as an RN and so many co-workers have shared their stories of miscarriage and stillbirth with me. I cry when alone sometimes and am hesitant to even think about trying again. I am sending kind supportive thoughts out to all of you ladies who have been so kind to me. It is a monumental loss.
echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Jun. 17, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Quoting cali_angel_girl:

((hugs)) i'm so sorry for your loss hun.  Like the other ladies have said the way your feeling is totally normal and you'll have your good days and your bad.  And I know it doesen't seem like it now but the days will get easier. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms_jasmine
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Oh im so sorry for ur loss...i didnt take my loss very well.i almost let the grief destroy me.my mc was march 2011 and there are still days i cry.every loss is handled differently.df didnt really start grieving until this past january.everyone is different and i hope u can find someone to lean on thru this and something to help comfort u
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i01proof1214
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 7:28 PM

i lost min eon the 23rd. i was suppose to be about 8 weeks along but only showed at 2 weeks. so baby had just stopped growing. i try not to be sad but thankfully we never heard a heart beat cuz that would have made it alot harder

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN