Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

First Pregnancy turned into First Miscarriage....

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 7:26 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hello, my name is Amy and I'm not exactly sure what I am looking for on here expect maybe to express some thoughts I have. After being diagnosed with PCOS a year ago I found out about 2 months ago I was pregnant. Currently, I am going through a miscarriage and it's been very difficult to deal with for me. It was my first pregnancy and after being told it would be very difficult for me to get pregnant I was ecstatic after finding out I was pregnant. Having this miscarriage has torn me up physically and mentally. I'm becoming a little better day by day but it still hurts. Anyways, that is my story short and sweet. I hope to meet some wonderful ladies on here who know what I am going through and I appreciate any advice any of you might have. Thank you dearly.

by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Koukla12905
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 10:29 PM
I just experienced my first MC as well, with my second pregnancy. (DS will be 3 in August). I really have no pearls of wisdom to share, but I just wanted to say welcome, and I am sorry for your loss. You will find a lot of support, sympathy, advice, and crying shoulders on here- for me, even knowing all the statistics of how common miscarriage is, it has still helped me to know I'm not alone in this. I hope it will help you, too.
ashermeta
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 9:40 AM
I lost my first baby as well after I was sure I couldn't even get pregnant. It's difficult, but trust me that brighter days are ahead. They won't happen overnight, but time will heal. Sorry for your loss mama ((hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LvlyGemini85
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Thank you, some days it seems okay but others seem to really hit me. I still keep asking myself those questions why or how could this happen when I was doing everthing I could correctly? I'm thankful to have an amazing boyfriend who has been supportive throughout this whole ordeal. I feel bad about distancing myself from those I love who have babies and children of their own right now but I feel as if it would make it more difficult for me to be around them so recently to this event. I'm glad that they understand and are supportive as well. I know I'll be okay someday but until then I'm still in "grieving mode". Hopefully we can try again after my next menstrual period and I pray that this time it will work out. Hardest thing I've ever had to go through so far in life.

Irene1923
by Tina on Jun. 2, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I am so sorry.  I lost my first pregnancy in August at 13 wks and my second pregnancy in December at 9wks.   The days will get easier, but you will always have moments where it feels like it just happened.   I am glad you have a wonderful man at your side....it is amazing how helpful that support can be.  With my second loss I was supposed to be 7wks behind my sister-in-law, who just delivered last week.  As happy as I am about my niece being born, after my loss, I found it hard to comment on her statuses about the pregnancy or to even look at her baby bump photos.  Don't feel bad for giving yourself some space to heal.  Take it one day at a time and do not think you have to get over your grief in a set amount of time - cry when you need to, laugh when you can, and mourn your loss however it helps you to heal.  *Hugs*  And best of luck when you are ready to try again.

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jun. 2, 2012 at 11:49 PM

((hugs)) i'm so sorry for your loss hun. 

Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 8:32 PM

I am so sorry for your loss Amy, and I am sorry we have to meet under these circumstances, but I am glad you found this group, its an amazing bunch of women!!

They helped me a LOT when my first son was stillborn in January.

lynnlynn0517
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Hi, so sorry for your loss. I too, just suffered my first mc on April 30 at 7w6d. It was my first pg as well after being told it would be difficult for me to conceive. I was devastated. Time had helped some, but at one point I was so distraught and grieving that I had to be hospitalized and put on medication. Do not listen when they tell you "get over it already." You lost your first child, you have every right to grieve as long as you want. Give your body and your heavy time to heal. I know I won't be whole again until I am pg again, so DH and I have been BD since eight days after the mc. It's my way of dealing with it. Talk to your bf, it was his child too, andu understand you are not alone in this. This is a wonderful group of ladies and talking with them has helped to heal my heart. Well, that and prozac. You take the time to grieve as along as you need to. Making a memorial to my little one helped me. I had a poem framed, DH bought me an engraved pendant for Mother's Day, and I designed a tattoo I am getting soon. God bless you, hugs, sticky baby dust, and you and your family are in my prayers.
Blessed to be chosen to be the mother of one of God's angels
Ashleysnicholas
by Ashley on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I am sorry for your loss. I have PCOS also. I have one healthy son and then two miscarriages and now pregnant again.

There are a lot of women on here that completely understand. keep reaching out.

newmom2be08
by Sarah on Jun. 4, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Welcome to the group, Amy.  I am so sorry for your loss.  We can all relate to the emotional and the physical aspects of a miscarriage, although the physical part is much easier to get over.  We are here for support and feel free to vent or ask questions.  HUGS!

DChristoff
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 5:03 PM

I am so sorry for your loss sweetie :-(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)