Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Just have two quick questions?

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 8:33 PM
  • 19 Replies

First question: 

I've been really sick feeling for like two days. Like nausea on and off all day, as I'm sitting here writing this, I'm feeling like I'm about to vomit. Especially with certain smells. And I smell EVERYTHING. Even things that aren't there. Also, like gas and constipation. Pretty much, all my symptoms from pregnancy only so much stronger. What's going on with that? Can it be from remaining HCG levels in my body? But if so, why would they get stronger? I'm just really confused.

Second question: Five days before my miscarriage, my HCG levels were around 4,000 and then the day of my miscarriage they dropped by 1,000. Is that a lot to drop and how long do you think it'll take before all the HCG hormone is out of my body.

Thanks in advance!

by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3W8LSI
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 9:16 PM
Anyone?
melodynewsome
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 9:33 PM
I am sorry I am not sure. Are you getting another hcg test to see where you are? Could you be preg, have you tried?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3W8LSI
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I had my miscarriage 8 days ago at 8 weeks pregnant...I've had sex once since then so I doubt it could be that. I'm seeing my OB on Thursday and hopefully she'll check  my levels again. Thanks!

LCLOVE
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 9:41 PM
Don't know but I am sorry about your loss(( hugs)) yes I would go and get seen till your hcg levels are down to zero it might take a while but they should be checking till they drop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3W8LSI
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Thank you! I hope they go quick. I think they're tricking my body into thinking it's still pregnant. Still got my pregnancy bloat and everything.

MamaRamma
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

it's been 8 days since my loss....I still have some preggo symptoms and assume it's just the hormones still in my body.....I hope the drop soon...My OB didn't mention doing any blood work to check the HGC......but if I keep getting pos tests after another couple of weeks I will be asking for level tests as I don't want to wait forever! We want to get pregnant again right away!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
3W8LSI
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:42 PM

I'm so sorry for you loss, it's a horrible feeling. And it's still fresh. Perhaps the symptoms I'm getting are the leftover hormones in my body as well. I wish they'd go down fast too, for the both of us. Good luck, I hope you get pregnant soon! :) 

sarahtessa
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:38 PM
I had those symptoms so bad after my ectopic, and it took six weeks for AF to come, so I actually took a HPT. it was negative. I think it's pretty normal as your body comes off the hormones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3W8LSI
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 1:12 PM

That's what I was thinking too, thanks!

Jodilegan
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 2:58 PM

No its not alot to drop mine went from 86,000 to 6,400 in 2 days the day befor and day after I had my lil one at 10 weeks along. How far were you? And if you don't mind me asking how long ago did you M/C?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN