Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

First question: 

I've been really sick feeling for like two days. Like nausea on and off all day, as I'm sitting here writing this, I'm feeling like I'm about to vomit. Especially with certain smells. And I smell EVERYTHING. Even things that aren't there. Also, like gas and constipation. Pretty much, all my symptoms from pregnancy only so much stronger. What's going on with that? Can it be from remaining HCG levels in my body? But if so, why would they get stronger? I'm just really confused.

Second question: Five days before my miscarriage, my HCG levels were around 4,000 and then the day of my miscarriage they dropped by 1,000. Is that a lot to drop and how long do you think it'll take before all the HCG hormone is out of my body.

Thanks in advance!

by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Replies (11-19):
Jodilegan
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Quoting 3W8LSI:

I had my miscarriage 8 days ago at 8 weeks pregnant...I've had sex once since then so I doubt it could be that. I'm seeing my OB on Thursday and hopefully she'll check  my levels again. Thanks!

Sorry Sweetie I was reading the post  backwards, If it was only 8 days ago honey, it's your hormones. I lost my baby at 10 weeks exactly 2 weeks ago today. And these hormones are putting me thru HELL. Non stop headaches, dizzyness, seeing spots, my breasts FINALLY stopped hurting!!! I'm a hormonal mess and it hurts pysically, ( not to mention menatlly) Hang in there . the pysical part will pass. For a glimmer of hope for all you that MC for the first time, I had a D&C March first and got PG 24 days later. This time I believe my loss was due to a SCH, but hopefully I'll have more answers tomorrow when I go to Endocrinologist.

hugs Mommy to 4 here and 2 in heaven

3W8LSI
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Quoting Jodilegan:

Quoting 3W8LSI:

I had my miscarriage 8 days ago at 8 weeks pregnant...I've had sex once since then so I doubt it could be that. I'm seeing my OB on Thursday and hopefully she'll check  my levels again. Thanks!

Sorry Sweetie I was reading the post  backwards, If it was only 8 days ago honey, it's your hormones. I lost my baby at 10 weeks exactly 2 weeks ago today. And these hormones are putting me thru HELL. Non stop headaches, dizzyness, seeing spots, my breasts FINALLY stopped hurting!!! I'm a hormonal mess and it hurts pysically, ( not to mention menatlly) Hang in there . the pysical part will pass. For a glimmer of hope for all you that MC for the first time, I had a D&C March first and got PG 24 days later. This time I believe my loss was due to a SCH, but hopefully I'll have more answers tomorrow when I go to Endocrinologist.

I thought it was the hormones, they sucks so bad. I'm so sorry about your loss. Not to sound stupid but, what's a "SCH"? Good luck with your pregnancy!

3W8LSI
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Quoting Jodilegan:

No its not alot to drop mine went from 86,000 to 6,400 in 2 days the day befor and day after I had my lil one at 10 weeks along. How far were you? And if you don't mind me asking how long ago did you M/C?

Yeah, I didn't think it was a lot either. But I'm so new to this stuff. I was 8 weeks and I miscarriaged 8 days ago.

MommaBoop922
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I have heard of women having symptoms from their hormones still being out of wack after loss.  Its normal for them to drop drastically after the bleeding begins.  You may want to ask them to check your levels again if you arent feeling better by your appointment just to be sure.  Also the stress of a miscarriage can cause a lot of problems with your body like nausea.  I hope you feel better soon and can get some answers! 

3W8LSI
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Quoting MommaBoop922:

I have heard of women having symptoms from their hormones still being out of wack after loss.  Its normal for them to drop drastically after the bleeding begins.  You may want to ask them to check your levels again if you arent feeling better by your appointment just to be sure.  Also the stress of a miscarriage can cause a lot of problems with your body like nausea.  I hope you feel better soon and can get some answers! 

Thank you!

Jodilegan
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Quoting 3W8LSI:

Quoting Jodilegan:

Quoting 3W8LSI:

I thought it was the hormones, they sucks so bad. I'm so sorry about your loss. Not to sound stupid but, what's a "SCH"? Good luck with your pregnancy!

Sub chorionoc hemorrage, ( a bleed in my uterus)

hugs Mommy to 4 here and 2 in heaven

IheartJared
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Depression and anxiety can cause these symptoms too , well that is what my Doctor said which naturally you have after losing a baby ...

I am sorry wish I was more help ask your doctor right away

newmom2be08
by Sarah on Jun. 10, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Your hormones can be completely off after a miscarriage.  Hope you get some answers soon!  HUGS!

3W8LSI
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Thanks you guys :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN