Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Advice from women who have seen an Endocrinologist

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 3:06 PM
  • 6 Replies

I have my 1st appt tomorrow morning. I suffered a loss at 11 weeks (baby stopped growing at 9) Had to have a D&C March 1st. Got PG 24 days later, was diagnosed with a SCH at 7 weeks lost baby at 10 weeks. ( exactly 2 weeks ago tonight.) I go see the Endocrinologist at a fertility center tomorrow morning. Can any one tell me what to expect from this first appt? It would be greatly appreciated and would ease my mind alittle today because I am so nervous.

hugs Mommy to 4 here and 2 in heaven

by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MommaBoop922
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

They will probably go over your labs from any blood work you have had or if you havent had any they will probably want you to get it.  They should be looking at your Thyroid to see if there is anything abnormal about it and if that can be causing your losses.  They may check your Thyroid and talk to you about any problems you may have (like hair loss, tiredness, rapid heart rate, etc.) and then determine if your Thyroid is a problem.  I have Hashimotos Disease which is an autoimmune disease of the Thyroid (a chronic hypothyroidism).  So I get seen every year and they check my thyroid hormone levels and make sure everything is okay.  I also take a pill every morning to get my body to produce the hormone.  If you do have a problem its easily remidied with medication.  I am currently pregnant and have been monitored since pregnancy and have had no issues related to my Thyroid except needing a higher medication dosage after getting my bfp.  I hope that helps and if you have any other questions please dont hesitate to ask  me.  Im so sorry for your losses and I hope you get answers.  Please keep us posted and Good Luck! 

Happily married  to my true love Bobby, Mommy to my gift from God, Joselyn and furry baby Bulgoki :)  

peachyisthelife
by Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 9:57 PM

I see an endo for my hypothyroidism, but I don't know what a SCH is?

Jodilegan
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Quoting peachyisthelife:

I see an endo for my hypothyroidism, but I don't know what a SCH is?

SubChorionic Hemorrage it was a like a pocket of blood in my uterus Some women go on thru the pg and it disolves itself but mine grew :(

hugs Mommy to 4 here and 2 in heaven

newmom2be08
by Sarah on Jun. 10, 2012 at 1:48 PM

I saw an RE a few months after my loss.  Basically, they gave me a huge binder with a lot of information and said that they would run any test that I wanted, but he didn't think I needed any tests.  Lo and behold, he was the one that diagnosed me with Hashimotos disease!  I see a regular endo now though.  Good luck and please keep us updated! 

busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on Jun. 10, 2012 at 3:51 PM

I haven't, but I wanted to wish you luck! Hopefully they'll be able to determine the issue and it will be easy to fix. :) Hugs!

babyObaby2
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 6:16 PM
I saw one after we lost our son at 17 weeks we have a three year old and his pregnancy was rough as well.. The first appt was labs going over options.. Testing etc.. Pegestrone thyroids geneticsEtc.. I actually had an internal ultra sound done too, because we already knew I had a septate in my uturus... I opt for surgery to have it removed .. I'm 25 weeks pregnant today... Took pregestrone orally first 13 weeks and on the p17 shot until 36 weeks ;) good luck in ur quest!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN