Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

My husband gave me hope.

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:28 AM
  • 5 Replies

As some of you know, I lost my angel just over a week ago. I was 31 weeks. My husband has been amazing thru the whole thing. I call him "superman", cuz he won't let me see him cry or break down. He feels he needs to be strong for me. The other night, before we went to bed, I had what I call "downtime". I got up and left the room and sat and cried in the LR. He came out of the room to console me. As hard as I was crying, he still never let himself break down in front of me. As he was rubbing my back and consoling me, he said  "Honey, In time, if you feel it is right, we can try and have another baby'. At that moment, I felt some hope, before my husband kept saying he didn't want anymore children. For some reason that made me feel like I had failed him and that he had given up on me. But to hear him say we can try again someday, melted all my fears. I told him "I thought you had given up on me", he said...."I never did". I know it seems petty to some people, but to me, his wonderful words truly showed me, he is "Superman".

by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Aww that is so sweet! I am so happy that you have such a wonderful husband supporting you through this.

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my son at 40 weeks so I know what you are going through.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /lilypie.com/">Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Angela4boys
by Angela on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:53 AM

so sorry hun :(  One day in the hospital the doctor told me, most women feel well enough emotionally and physically to try for another around 4-6 months after this kind of loss...it takes the husbands a while longer.  She said they have the same loss, but also fear losing us, and they usually aren't able to show emotion like women.  Makes sense. 

darmarie88
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Husbands really are heroes... I just told my husband today that the only reason I am doing as well as I am is because he is staying so positive and looking ahead.  I am so sorry for your loss.  Good luck and many prayers!

mommyofnoah208
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:23 PM

So glad you are getting through it together

tinyfootprint
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Thinking of you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN