Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hard morning

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 1:00 PM
  • 5 Replies

This morning was a rough one....  Following a natural m/c about 3 weeks ago, I needed to go into my doc's office to have a blood draw to make sure my hormone levels have been falling.  Just a simple blood test...No big deal, right?  Well, I was good until I had to sit in the waiting room surrounded by pregnant moms waiting for their appointment. I tried to read a magazine to distract myself.  I told the receptionist I would have to come back another day b/c I had an appointment to get to, but really I just wanted to escape.  The minute I left the office, the tears flooded down my cheeks.  Totally didn't expect that one!  After having a blighthed ovum, I keep telling myself that God knew that the baby was not going to be healthy, and that it was the best thing that I lost it.  I guess I have a lot more "processing" to do that I have realized.  Time heals all wounds, right?

by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ooCherryo0
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 1:12 PM

I am so sorry. I know how hard that is. I had to go in a week after I had my stillborn at 20 weeks. It was so hard and I just wanted to cry the whole time I sat there. 

littlevoices
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Sorry for your loss. I find myself going through the same thing every week when I go for check ups since my loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmom2be08
by Sarah on Jun. 15, 2012 at 2:40 PM

I am very sorry for your loss.  :(  After my miscarriage, I was in the exact situation.  I didn't realize that I would would be sitting in an OB waiting room as crazy as that sounds, and when I stepped off the elevator, I too, was surrounded by pregnant bellies.  I buried my head in a magazine also and thankfully I didn't have to wait to be called back very long.  I lost it while walking down the hall with the nurse (I knew her from when I was pregnant with Jacob), and she was so great about me bawling right then and there.  You are not alone!  Hang in there...hugs! 

mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Jun. 16, 2012 at 12:12 AM
Im so very sorry :( those follow up appts are so difficult. Thinking of you. Maybe try to make an appt first thing in the am when less people are there or ask if you can wait in a room. Sorry again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sosad810
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Thanks for all of your support! It really means a lot to me :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)