Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

How Do You Remember??

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 7:41 PM
  • 10 Replies

How do you remember your angels?  Do you have any memorials or keepsakes? Do you do something every year to remember them?  

sids,preg&infant lossangel mini

Happily married  to my true love Bobby, Mommy to my gift from God, Joselyn and furry baby Bulgoki :)  

by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angela4boys
by Angela on Jun. 18, 2012 at 2:02 AM

I'm only 8 days into this, so things may change of course...but our plans are to celebrate Avery's Birthday every year, June 9th.  Maybe have some cake, and just remember him, he deserves it, and I want the kids to remember him and be able to talk about him.  We do plan on putting a shadow box together, with the few momentos we have.  I love this question btw, I'm curious to hear the things you ladies do :)

4theroses
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 2:15 AM

I have the twins first picture in a frame and i have a special box that i kept of little things that I've and family members gotten them before we lost danny and jessica. and on may 3rd ill pull it out and look at it and maybe cry who knows right i just now my little angles are with god and his son and there taking care of them until i can do it myself.

newmom2be08
by Sarah on Jun. 18, 2012 at 12:53 PM

I just say a little prayer on the loss date and due date.  My little one would be celebrating his/her 1st birthday on July 23rd.  :( 

xoNIKKIox
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 3:01 PM

What's interesting is that I find myself remembering my angel more during the time of year when we lost him (before Christmas) and about the time we conceived him versus the time of his EDD. I think that's because I conceived my 3.5 year old DS soon after my loss and so I tend to focus on the joy of having a live birth rather than the sorrow of the due date that never came.

I have done different things in memorium. However, what I do regularly still is focus on my angel and talk to him. I truly, truly feel he is a guardian for our family and watches over his little siblings with great love and care. :-)

suetoo
by Sue on Jun. 18, 2012 at 4:51 PM
There really isn't a day or two in a row that I forget, and my son would be 23 now. We named him, and my mother, that yrs Mother's Day, brought me a sapling wheeping cherry tree, to help do my weeping with me. To this day in our front yard it blossoms and rains petals like tears every June.
tinyfootprint
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 4:55 PM
I planted a cherry blossom tree in my back yard...I also did a memory box I keep on my dresser...not ready to tuck it away in the closet yet....I also have his grave I visit ever so often.....one day I plan on getting a cherry blossom branch tattoo on my foot...so my angel will be with my every step...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AUGUSTANGEL
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I lost mine early so there isn't a grave. I put flowers on my grandparent's grave, right between them (they are buried together with one headstone) because I know they have my little one now. My mom has an angel figure and I am going to get a piece of jewelry with the august birthstone.  Not sure yet what I will do on the due date yet.

Diananick
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Its one year and 9 days since my mc and this first year I went and had a "me" day if not I would've stayed home and thought about that awful day and cried inconsolablely I also plan on getting a June birthstone for my baby
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:36 AM

There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about my angel baby.  But I did get a key chain of the infant loss/miscarriage ribbon

tuckermum
by Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I think about my baby everyday. My dh did paint a beautiful picture of our angel baby for me that is hanging on our wall.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN