Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Pain/tiredness after D & C

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:08 PM
  • 17 Replies

Howdy again Ladies...

I had a D & C late Friday afternoon...I just seem to feel crampy and very very sore and sleepy. Saturday I felt pretty good most of the day and yesterday I felt worse and this evening I'm SO sore and crampy...I feel like I've totally overdone it. I didn't even slow down afterwards and now I'm thinking that was not so good.....how did you feel afterwards if you've been through this? (ps...so done with this!  I want to feel normal...we found out 19 days ago our baby died, it feels like yesterday and just now having the d & c... sigh)

thanks for listening....I feel like I'm a stuck record...frown mini

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaRamma
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:10 PM

also, having to take percocet at night for pain control..... poo

Jodilegan
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:15 PM

You should have took it easy the first couple days. After my D&C I rested for like the next 2-3 days. I agree with you, you may have "thought" you were feeling ok, because of the meds during procedure, but now you feel the cramping etc. I suggest you rest a few days. Get yourself healthy for your rainbow.

MamaRamma
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Quoting Jodilegan:

You should have took it easy the first couple days. After my D&C I rested for like the next 2-3 days. I agree with you, you may have "thought" you were feeling ok, because of the meds during procedure, but now you feel the cramping etc. I suggest you rest a few days. Get yourself healthy for your rainbow.

thanks....it's hard to rest. I want to. REALLY want to, but my job and kids and even my family members seem to think all is well and it's hard to say otherwise. I might have to take off tomorrow if these cramps continue through the night. I think this sort of loss is so overlooked. I wish we could all stand up and shout, THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. IT'S HAPPENING TO ME AND I'M NOT ALONE! Sigh...It's like people think you just get over it like a 12 hour flu or something. How are you feeling today?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
angel143909
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this

i just had a d&c thursday and i still feel sore and have some pains in my stomach ive just been laying around and relaxing ive just been having a hard time sleeping. i hope you feel better and get some rest

Lovemusic0811
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:41 AM
I dont really remember being sore if I was it was not a lot..... I had one over two yrs ago and still feel a lil sad whenever I think about it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaRamma
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Quoting angel143909:

i just had a d&c thursday and i still feel sore and have some pains in my stomach ive just been laying around and relaxing ive just been having a hard time sleeping. i hope you feel better and get some rest

ya, the sleeping is awful! The first night I think I was doped up still, but since then I have tossed so much. Can't get comfortable...I just feel sore like my abs and back and thighs were on workout mode for hours...add in some nasty cramping....and the exhaustion.......... I hope you feel better soon! I'm so sorry for your loss. Hugs.... like I told my husband...people either don't know about this whole ordeal or don't understand that you can't get over it....it's something you learn to live with and deal. I will forever feel like I have 3 children, one in heaven......I haven't told anyone that even my husband because I think he's feel weird saying it out loud to someone.... I also named the baby, Cameron Leigh....that was no matter boy or girl it would work. I sort of feel silly for that, but I can't figure out why. Again, hugs and thank you for your support. These little scraps here and there make it possible to stay sane and pull through in the "real" world.

MamaRamma
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Quoting Lovemusic0811:

I dont really remember being sore if I was it was not a lot..... I had one over two yrs ago and still feel a lil sad whenever I think about it

hugs.....

xLilBit22
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:00 AM
I've had 2 nd the tiredness is normal. Take it easy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angel143909
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this

yeah its really hard to go through im still sore i went to the drs today and they are going to check and make sure nothing got lefted up there or if im getting an infection cause im still having pain im hoping everything is ok cause i dont want to go thru that surgrey again. thats a cute name you picked for your baby we thought we were having a girl and we were going to name her aubrey .hope you start feeling better too hugs

xoNIKKIox
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you spoken to your doc about what you're experiencing? Perhaps if you got a "work note"--instructions for your OBGYN to rest and take it easy--your sister/mom would have greater understanding.

Sending lots of hugs your way!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN