Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vent/ Rant below:

I work with my Mom and Sister....we run a small insurance agency and we all rely on each other....we have no secretaries or temps to fill in. SO, I understand that they are frustrated with me today for not coming in. Apparently neither of them feel well either.... I have been dealing with this miscarriage since May 30th....an I understand it's getting old hat to them, but I just had a D & C Friday. I've missed all of 3 work days out of all of this and I just couldn't be there today. I didn't sleep last night, I had cramps and nasty head ache and weird dreams, along with a sinus infection that I've had for 5 days so far....so add in heavy duty antibiotics, a percocet here and there and you get me...a big mess. I'm sorry I let everyone down.....I feel like the worst part of all of this is that NO ONE else around understand or gets it... I LOST MY CHILD! If anyone else had met, seen or known them, they would not be acting like nothing happened. Sigh.

rant over.....thanks for reading.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Replies (11-19):
MamaRamma
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:00 PM

it wold be nice if someone chippy, chippy chopped them down to size for a sec! :)

Quoting xoNIKKIox:

PS If you like, I can go all psycho ninja on them

ninja

;-)

xoNIKKIox
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

hugging Our loved ones can mean well, but get it all wrong. Stay strong and know you have every right to be taking time for yourself to heal.

Quoting MamaRamma:

I'm taking augmentin as well.... thanks for the post! It made me smile :)

Quoting xoNIKKIox:

OMG, you lost your baby only 20 days ago, had a D&C not even a week ago, and are supposed to be "over it?" Yes, the first blow was delivered 20 days ago, but--let's be real. We don't really get into the heavy grieving until everything is said and done--and, for those who need a D&C, that means AFTER the med procedure. So you are FOUR days into your grieving. FOUR days into physical recovery.

If another family member got sick and was given the prognosis of death 20 days ago--then actually passed four days ago--would they expect you to be over it?

On top of that, the insult of the sinus infection. I am with you on that as someone who has been having recurring sinus infections for nearly a year (Have one right now. I am on augmentin--which is amoxicillan "on steroids"--LOL!--plus a corticosteroid nose spray. Ugh.). That drains you, too. I also have a nose injury--and those two things make me feel

devil

. . . so I am very aware of how badly rocked your emotional self is right now.

I'm incensed on your behalf. I'm so sorry.

hugs

xoNIKKIox
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

LMBO! My DS and I could so "Yo Gabba Gabba" their asses with the alligator chomp dance!

Quoting MamaRamma:

it wold be nice if someone chippy, chippy chopped them down to size for a sec! :)

Quoting xoNIKKIox:

PS If you like, I can go all psycho ninja on them

ninja

;-)

mrs.searle
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:04 PM
I understand. My mom doesn't make me feel guilty she just refuses to talk about it. Like when dh called her and said "sam had a mc" she said "oh I bet it isn't too bad since it early,... Are you even sure that's what happened??" the look on his face was pure shock. He said "we are at the dr RIGHT now. It is bad!"

And now she just changes the subject if it gets brought up.

Don't let them hurt you more than you ate already hurting. If they haven't experienced it then they won't be able to understand.

Quoting funhappymom:

People who have never experienced a loss don't understand how hard it is to function afterwards.

Take time to heal.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darmarie88
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

No one will ever understand the things that we go through on a daily basis.  You have disappointed NO ONE!  Remember that you have to heal, inside and out, for you and your family.  If you over do it, mentally and physically, things will only get worse... Many prayers and good luck!

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:35 AM

((hugs)) i'm sorry there acting that way hun. People who haven't been through it don't understand how hard it is on us emotionally and that it's not something that we ever get over. I would just take the time you need to heal and ignore what they have to say.

robinparker
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:17 AM

You didn't let anyone down. What you are dealing with is tragic. People need to understand that. I lost my little guy 2 weeks ago. One thing I learned is, to hell with people. If they can't understand, then let them lose sleep. You'll still wake up the next day, right? A part of you is gone. It is something you will have to deal with for the rest of your life. People need to be considerate of that. So if they lose someone, should you act the same towards them? Or will they say " Now I understand your pain?". Heaven forbid they should ever experience such a tragedy. We are the ones who wake up day after day without our little ones. It's a good thing you found us here. We are here for you. If no one will listen.....we will. We all understand the pain and what you are going thru. As for the rest of the world.....Let God deal with them. Cuz when the time comes to go home, then they will see what you have lost. We're here for you, always...

HUUUGGGSSSS hugs

Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Hun, sorry to be harsh, but screw them!! They are not dealing with what you are going through, you are dealing with a lot and you need to take time for yourself, to heal and to grieve. If they don't understand that then that is their problem.

You are NOT a failure!!! Praying you feel better soon and that you can find some time for yourself to just grieve and do what you need to do.

xoNIKKIox
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this

clappingGo, Grace!

Quoting Ladybugmama86:

Hun, sorry to be harsh, but screw them!! They are not dealing with what you are going through, you are dealing with a lot and you need to take time for yourself, to heal and to grieve. If they don't understand that then that is their problem.

You are NOT a failure!!! Praying you feel better soon and that you can find some time for yourself to just grieve and do what you need to do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)