Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

What's the Nicest Thing Someone Has Done?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:15 PM
  • 16 Replies

What bit of support or kindness from others has brought you comfort?

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xoNIKKIox
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:47 PM

My DH sat with me and just held my hand (and, at times, hugged me) and let me cry or just be as I needed to be. Having his comforting company was very special.

busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:41 PM

A friend organized meals for us for a week after we miscarried - it was great because the rest of my family needed to eat but cooking was the last thing I wanted to do!!

Angela4boys
by Angela on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Aww geez, there are so many things!  The nurses were a God Send!  They guided me through this whole thing, and helped me think about things that would have never crossed my mind to do...and I may have regretted otherwise.  One of the nurses called the funeral homes to price compare cremation costs for me, so I didn't have to think about it.  They were amazing! They sent a card of condolence, and all the nursing staff wrote messages in it, and it had me crying.

Someone, not sure who, has been leaving gifts on my porch...I've gotten 4, and no clue who it is, the cards all say "your secret sister."  I've had lots of meal offers, and I always say no (cause we have 8 people in our family to feed, and that's a lot to most people), but one of the ladies in the Moms group I organize insisted, wouldn't take no for an answer.  And we've gotten so many flowers and cards...it's just touching, that others recognize and honor our little Avery's life too. 

Through all of this, it's really come to clarity how many people love us and care about us.  It makes me realize just how great my friends are...they know that I've not been up to talking, but they've been texting me constantly just to offer support, and see how we are.  Out of a situation of sorrow, there is light.

mr.scariesmommy
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:53 PM
My husband works at Walmart. They are a new store so everyone really got to know one another while building the store. They raised almost 400 dollars the help us with any thing we needed. They were really great about letting him have some time off and be here to help me. Our nursing staff at the hospital were great too they helped arrange what funeral home would do the cremation free of cost and had a photographer come to take pictures for us also free. They gave us cards and a memory box with little things in it. They were amazing and made sure that I had everything that I needed while there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alanasmumma
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:35 AM

My friend who also experienced a loss last year randomly would text me just to check on me and tell me she loves me etc. Just knowing that she's there if I need anything has been amazing.

alexa12nicole08
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 4:09 AM
1 mom liked this

after i lost my baby mothers day was hard a friend of mine is a wonderful artist and carved a watermelon saying happy mothers day he told me no matter what im a mommy my baby is just watching over me

bondi41
by Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 8:57 AM
My family were a god send. My mum drove 150 miles to be with me for the birth. and my dad then drove the 150 miles the following day to collect Ayrton to take him to the funeral directors where my family are so we could have him buried with his family around him. I don't know how my dad managed to drive with Ayrton in the back of the car, I will forever be grateful to him for this it must have been so hard. And my true friends have shown who they are. I couldn't have got through all this without my partner he has been my rock.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xoNIKKIox
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 5:57 PM

I love this idea and gesture. So thoughtful--and, really, practical.

Quoting busyizzybsmom:

A friend organized meals for us for a week after we miscarried - it was great because the rest of my family needed to eat but cooking was the last thing I wanted to do!!

xoNIKKIox
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 5:58 PM

OMG, your post took my breath away and brought tears to my eyes. What an affirmation of the GOODNESS in so many people's hearts.

Quoting Angela4boys:

Aww geez, there are so many things!  The nurses were a God Send!  They guided me through this whole thing, and helped me think about things that would have never crossed my mind to do...and I may have regretted otherwise.  One of the nurses called the funeral homes to price compare cremation costs for me, so I didn't have to think about it.  They were amazing! They sent a card of condolence, and all the nursing staff wrote messages in it, and it had me crying.

Someone, not sure who, has been leaving gifts on my porch...I've gotten 4, and no clue who it is, the cards all say "your secret sister."  I've had lots of meal offers, and I always say no (cause we have 8 people in our family to feed, and that's a lot to most people), but one of the ladies in the Moms group I organize insisted, wouldn't take no for an answer.  And we've gotten so many flowers and cards...it's just touching, that others recognize and honor our little Avery's life too. 

Through all of this, it's really come to clarity how many people love us and care about us.  It makes me realize just how great my friends are...they know that I've not been up to talking, but they've been texting me constantly just to offer support, and see how we are.  Out of a situation of sorrow, there is light.

xoNIKKIox
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 5:58 PM

That is so touching and generous. What a family they have at work! And this totally makes me love Walmart even more. :-)

Quoting mr.scariesmommy:

My husband works at Walmart. They are a new store so everyone really got to know one another while building the store. They raised almost 400 dollars the help us with any thing we needed. They were really great about letting him have some time off and be here to help me. Our nursing staff at the hospital were great too they helped arrange what funeral home would do the cremation free of cost and had a photographer come to take pictures for us also free. They gave us cards and a memory box with little things in it. They were amazing and made sure that I had everything that I needed while there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN