Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

First Miscarriage & Scared

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 7:06 PM
  • 41 Replies

Ladies I really need some support... I have been diagnosed with a blighted ovum and I am crushed.  I will be okay emotionally once this is finalized and I am so lucky to have my beautiful daughter and loving husband. The problem is, I am just starting to miscarry (it hasn't started hurting badly yet) and I am really concerned because I do not know what it will be like (I am going natural ... but have pain killers on hand in case.)  I am also worried about "seeing" anything. If you could please share your stories or advice I would be so grateful.

by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen7865
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Im sorry to hear that i hope u will be ok
mr.scariesmommy
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 7:12 PM
I'm sorry u have to go through that. I was induced at the hospital so I don't know what it would be to naturally pass the baby. How many weeks were you. I hope it goes quickly for u and not be painfull. I'm sorry u lost ur baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaRamma
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Hi...I had a similar situation. I chose to take the RX and have bad, but manageable cramping. I took ibuprofen and was able to make it through. I passed large clots and what I thought was tissue. Not fun...two weeks later I started bleeding again, went to get checked out and an US showed I hadn't passed the sac or anything else. I was scheduled for a D &C that afternoon and while waiting for the procedure for several hours I had severe pain....about the same as contractions at about 5-6 centimeters...I couldn't wait to get under so it would stop. So, it could get pretty bad, but percocet or something like it should get you through it. Hang in there. and I'm so sorry for your loss.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Ruthmom802
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 7:48 PM

If you are early on, then you will have some mild pain and probably heavy bleeding. I went through my first m/c at home and only had to go to the E.R. because I was bleeding too heavily. I never saw anything, just large blood clots. Make sure you get help immediately if your bleeding is too heavy for too long.

My second loss was at 5 months and I was actually put into the hospital with a scheduled delivery. That was so hard. I actually had to go through labor (not nearly as rough as giving birth to my only living child, though). I saw my baby at that loss, but like I said, it was 5 months along.

You will feel lots of emotions, all of them are perfectly normal. You may feel anger, sadness, emptiness, loneliness and depression. All of these feelings are part of your healing process and remember, there are thousands of women on here that will listen and be here for you. HUGS!

Krista182
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry for your loss. I miscarried a blighted ovum on May 23rd. I started cramping around 2 am. I was in a lot of pain. It got really bad around noon and I called the hospital because I was scared. They told me to just keep taking ibprophen. They said when the sac passed, the pain would just stop. They were right. As soon as I passed the sac, I was fine. There was a scary amount of blood, but I didn't see the sac or anything. Good luck!! :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emilytrademark
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Thank you all so much for sharing- I know that probably isn't easy.  I am approximately 10 weeks now, and I think I have a pretty high pain tolerance (though that might be tested soon), but the emotional pain is worse :(

Krista182
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 6:59 AM
I was just thinking about you. Hope you're doing ok!

Quoting Emilytrademark:

Thank you all so much for sharing- I know that probably isn't easy.  I am approximately 10 weeks now, and I think I have a pretty high pain tolerance (though that might be tested soon), but the emotional pain is worse :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aussiechic
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 8:46 AM

(((hugs))) I'm so sorry.   I 've had 2 miscarriages.  the first was at 5 weeks.  It just felt like a diffficult period.  The second i went in for my 8 week ultrasound and found out it had died at 5 weeks. :/  My body hadn't miscarried yet.  It did start on it's own the next day thankfully, but it was very heavy for a few hours. "gushing" almost at times. :/ and clotty (sorry tmi) .  Pain was like really bad period cramps for me so i just took ibuprofen. 

Again i am so sorry honey (((hugs)))

Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Hugs and prayers sweetie. I am so sorry you are going throug this.

Emilytrademark
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Thank you for checking on me.. so far it has been slow and gradual. I guess I should be thankful for that. Definitely red blood and clots but nothing like the amount I am expecting and only mild to moderate cramps.  I do want to get it over with soon though. Taking the day off work to just relax and letting my husband pamper me.  Trying to look on the bright side of things... Will be able to plan better for the next pregnancy, get better insurance, and won't have to be pregnant in the Texas summer heat.  But.. I had already named the baby and envisioned him or her, so that part is hard. I am comforted by the fact that my body knows that the conception was not healthy or succesful. What amazing bodies we have!  Thank you all for sharing and giving me support.. it's really helpful to hear everyone's stories so that I can prepare and cope

Quoting Krista182:

I was just thinking about you. Hope you're doing ok!

Quoting Emilytrademark:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN