Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

When is it going to get better?

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 1:36 PM
  • 4 Replies

How much longer do I have to plaster a fake smile on my face?  

How many more mornings do I have to wake up knowing I have to face the world when all I want to do is hide?

How many more friends and family members are going to tell me they're pregnant.  How many more times do I have to pretend to be excited for them?

How many more news articles do I have to read of people beating their infants, or crack heads giving birth to drug addicted babies, when I, a good, hard-working person, cant ever hold my own baby in my arms. 

How many more times do I have to lie, and say, "I'm good" when someone asks "How are you?"

How many more days do I have to go on, wondering why, if there is a God, did he choose to do this to me?

When does the nightmare end?  

Does it?

by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
newmom2be08
by Sarah on Jun. 23, 2012 at 3:10 PM

First of all, I am so sorry for your loss.  Secondly, it will get better with time, but right now you are grieving and that's okay.  We are here for you!  HUGS!

khoffman2008
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 6:04 PM

I feel the same way as you.

I tried to get out and be with friends to distract me, but some of my friends are afraid of saying the wrong thing, which is a valid fear considering that the rest of my friends to say the wrong thing. I'm sick of hearing "everything happens for a reason," there isn't a reason good enough. " I know someone who went through the same thing and now they have kids and everything is fine," good for them but I wanted this one and eveything is not fine. The worst is when a friend tried to get me to open to her when I didn't want to, she told me how angry she was that this happened to me, meanwhile my husband was on a jog with her 10 month old baby boy.

I'm sad to never find out if I was having a girl or boy, to never give him/her a name. I got sad when my husband was telling me about the proudest moment of his childhood because my child will never have an opportunity to have one.

mr.scariesmommy
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 6:15 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. I can tell u that things will get better and everyone takes a different amount of time to be OK. I lost my son over a month ago and I think what has helped us the most is knowing why he didn't make it. There is times that I don't want to face the world and I want to crawl in a hole but that's what makes us human. This group has helped me too. It helps to know that there are other women going through the same thing. I hope things get better for u soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Jun. 23, 2012 at 6:31 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. It is so difficult especially in the early months following your loss. Its ok to grieve and open up to people if you need to. Thinking of you and we are all here to listen if needed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)