Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anybody have a D&C?

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:37 PM
  • 15 Replies

I found out on May 1st that our babies heart had stopped beating sometime within the week before my first prenatal appt (around 8 1/2 weeks) and had a D&C on May 2nd.  Just wanted to know how long you were told to wait before trying to conceive again?  My dr told me 3 months.

by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emilysingleton
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I have heard so many different opinions but my doctor said to wait till I get the first AF then we were good to go.

MrsBarnhill
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 10:57 PM

ive recently had a D&C i was told i cant have sex for 6 weeks, but my case also might be different. i had my D&C because the placenta was still inside me after the miscarriage and it was badly infected. HAve ur obgyn keep doing checks and see if you cant get it dropped down sooner if thats what u want.

twolilgirls712
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:09 PM
I concieved 3 months after my d& c. I'm now 20 weeks. My doc said to wait atleast two cycles. I herd your pretty fertile after one. Sorry for your loss:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SmAaRrAiHe84
by Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:52 AM

My Dr told me as soon as I felt better I had my D&C May 12th after m/c on Feb 26th i waited it out but couldnt wait any longer since i was bleeding too much, we started trying as soon as i got AF back, On 6/15 I got my BFP, good luck!

Logansmommy0810
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Thank you and Congrats to you :)

Quoting twolilgirls712:

I concieved 3 months after my d& c. I'm now 20 weeks. My doc said to wait atleast two cycles. I herd your pretty fertile after one. Sorry for your loss:(

Logansmommy0810
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Thank you and congratulations!

Quoting SmAaRrAiHe84:

My Dr told me as soon as I felt better I had my D&C May 12th after m/c on Feb 26th i waited it out but couldnt wait any longer since i was bleeding too much, we started trying as soon as i got AF back, On 6/15 I got my BFP, good luck!

LilysMommy813
by Heather on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:03 PM
I had a d&c on April 6th (I was 14 w 2 d), my doc said wait 1 cycle, I got my first period may 26th and that's the only on I have had so far
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaRamma
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Hi, I had a D & C on 6/15 at 9w4d....my OB said we didn't have to wait or worry at all. This is also my first loss after 2 successful pregnancies. I've heard all sorts of information. Some think the lining needs at least 3 months to regenerate properly.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
X.Rukia.X
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I had to have one and I was told to wait for 3 NORMAL af cycles.  Because they scrap the uterus and it needs to heal before you get pg again.  Some women are fine if they get pg right away.  Personally my dh and I waited the 3 months.  Plus we needed the time to heal emotionally as well. 

lambchop86
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:45 PM

My Doctor suggested waitning 3mon./3 periods

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)