Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Maybe I am getting better

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:57 PM
  • 8 Replies

yesterday at work i was given a patient from another nurse who was experiencing bad headaches after delivery her baby 10 days ago... when i went in her room to see how she was doing and get a fresthset of vitals signs i started my usual interviewing... why she was here and how did she feel... when she told me she just had a baby...i asked what did she have and how was the baby doing? she then mentioned that she had a stillborn as 21 weeks....:( i thought it was weird that the nurse before me didnt know that... anyway...my mood suddenly changed...i stopped what i was doing and sat down... i asked her what happened throughout the pregnancy and how was she emotional holding up...she just seem so numb...like me when i lost my son at 17 weeks... i started sharing my story with her...it made her open up more to me and share her feelings...i told her it's very hard thing to go through but it does get better...im surprised i havent cried...both telling her my story or even at night...maybe i found talking about my son helpful for her and ME....so maybe i am getting better with my new normal....but i still miss him :(

by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Angela4boys
by Angela on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Aww, of course you do.  I think it's awesome that you used your experience to help someone else...that turns sorrow into light.  (((hugs)))

mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:25 AM
Sorry. :( I know it must have been hard but glad you were able to be there to share your story for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beach_babies
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:21 AM
I'm glad you were her nurse. You were able to understand her feelings and maybe give her hope.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darmarie88
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:25 AM

It does take time, but I am happy to know that your getting better.  I always tell people that it will always be a sore wound, but its manageable.  Many prayers.

AidensMommy1026
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:53 AM

I am sorry for your loss mama, but that is amazing. You are helping others with your story and sometimes, when there is someone in the same situation as you, it seems a bit easier to talk about. Your in my prayers. 

MamaRamma
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 10:55 AM

:( Hugs.....I'm glad you are feeling stronger and able to talk about it some. I'm sure it helped your patient when you shared. I know it would have helped me if I was in her shoes.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Irene1923
by Tina on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:43 PM

I am sorry for your loss but glad that you were there to share your story and maybe offer a little healing to her (and yourself as well).   *Hugs*

xoNIKKIox
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 3:32 AM

hugging I think we all will always miss our angels. I also think it was amazing that you supported that patient and shared your story. You know, the main reason I volunteered to be a mod here when CM was beginning this group is because I felt that sharing and helping others was the best tribute to my angel. I feel his spirit deeply when I support others who experience loss. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)