Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

TTC after a loss, questions

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:52 PM
  • 15 Replies

I'm sure some of you are TTC again.  How long did your doctor tell you to wait after your miscarriage?  Did you have a D&C or D&E?  If you've had a pregnancy after even just one loss, were you considered high risk or did the doctor not do anything different for you?  If you had a 2nd or 3rd tri loss was the doctor more concerned during a subsequent pregnancy?

~Cathryn~ One handsome boy and two sweet little girls

by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifesALilHectic
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I have had 2 children and 2 angel babies... I have never had a D&C or a D&E. The doctor never told me when I would attempt conception again, but after two losses I didn't want to risk a 3rd. I eventually became pregnant again. I am not considered high risk and I will be having my son later this month via c-section.

luvmyaustin
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 8:10 PM
I had a miscarriage may 16th i was 5 weeks or so so no intervention was done my gyn told me to wait a cycle and i just had that cycle so right now we are trying to figure out when and really if to try again I'm scared
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aussiechic
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I lost my son to an incompetent cervix at 20weeks 4 days on sept 30 2011.  Miscarried at 5 weeks in Jan. Got pregnant again in Jan and miscarried in March. Got pregnant again in May and so far so good..... but yes i'm high risk.  I went to see maternal fetal medicine at 8 weeks. I'm on progesterone supplements and aspirin.  I have to have a cerclage to keep this baby or i may lose him/her like i lost my son. :/  My doctors considered me "highrisk" after the second miscarriage.  GL honey

cherylw993
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 8:19 PM

I had 2 miscarriages and 2 d&c. before becoming pregnant with my dd.  The doctor told me each time to wait just one cycle, before trying to conceive again. I was considered high risk when I was pregnant with my dd, but not because of my miscarriages but because of my age.

jessicasmom1
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 10:30 PM

I only had 1 natural miscarriage June 21, 2012 no d&c or d&e , Dr. told us after 1st af but ,, we already started trying after I was done bleeding  I am 39 years old if I don't get pregnant before 40 in Oct. I will be a parent to 1 DD and 1 angel baby. Dr. did say not until after 2nd mc will they do a workout on me.... Not that I was trying to hear that .

MamaRamma
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Hi Cathryn,

I think you know  most of my story and we had out miscarriages only a little time a part....anyhow...we were told we didn't have to wait and could try again right away. I do have a follow up appointment from my D & C on the 15th and I'm sure I'll get some more advice or input from that.......

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Jul. 2, 2012 at 5:44 PM
I lost my son at 17 weeks. Was induced, delivered then had to have dnc for the placenta. We were told to wait 6 months. So we did, got pregnant 2nd cycle. Yes i was high risk, but my qlfirat was born premature then my loss where they discovered blood clotting issues. I was watched way more closely and was on lovenox injections. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Logansmommy0810
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:21 PM
I had a miscarriage at 9 wks along with baby #2. That was on May 1st of this year. I had a d&c done on may 2nd and my dr told me to wait 3 months before trying again. AF should be here in 2 days and after that we will ttc again. We are ready and I have read so many stories of people only waiting one cycle and trying again. We will wait 2 cycles and hoping for the best! Good luck to you ;)
Mamasita7176
by Susan on Jul. 2, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Why the aspirin? I ask because my doc wants to start me on progesterone and aspirin with my next positive pg test.
Mamasita7176
by Susan on Jul. 2, 2012 at 10:43 PM
I had one D&C and one natural mc. I was only told to wait till after 1st normal AF. This time we waited a little longer as I requested blood work-up after 2nd mc. Turns out everything came back normal....$500 later...for 3 vials of blood. Now ttc. I don't have problems GETTING pregnant, just sustaining it. As soon as I get a positive result, my doc will put me on progesterone and aspirin....to help development I guess! Hope that helps! ((hugs)) to you momma!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)