Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

way off topic! but..

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 10:54 AM
  • 15 Replies
I want a cat! DH doesn't well he said..just think of ALL the money we have to spend caring for one and then you choose. I hate that!! Just say yes or no. What do ya'll think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angela4boys
by Angela on Aug. 2, 2012 at 11:03 AM

haha, I don't know!  I have no pets (that probably says something ;)  I like animals, just don't want to care for them. 

MommaBoop922
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 12:37 PM

I alwaus thought cats were a little more low maitenance than a dog... I agree he should just give you a straight answer but since he left it all to you and if you really want one I would start kitten shopping lol... that will teach him next time to be apart of the decision lol!  :-p  I hope you guys can figure it out! 

mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Aug. 2, 2012 at 1:08 PM

I am not sure! I like animals but do not want to own any pets! I like being able to go away without having to worry about animals and I don't want added expenses or cleanup.

newmom2be08
by Sarah on Aug. 2, 2012 at 1:51 PM

We have two beta fish and that's all I want to care for now. We would like to get a small dog someday, but I thought we would start out small and work our way up. Who knows...maybe next year we'll get a hamster! LOL 

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Aug. 2, 2012 at 3:09 PM

DH wants a dog really bad and mentions it weekly.  But we live in an apartment and I just can't justify money for a pet and all the vet fees and daily care right now.  I told him when our boys are older (5 & 2 right now) and can help out with taking care of it as well as we live in a house then we can really think about it.  Mainly I just don't want to have any part of taking for a pet because I'm lazy :)

mustloveanimals
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Do cats really cost much to keep? If you get one from a shelter or rescue they will already be s/n. My issue with cats (besides being allergic) is that they play with their pooh in the litter box and then try to walk on your counter and dining room table. And I've never seen a cat actually be trained not to do this. Obvi, I'm a dog person.

Anneliese's mompuppy

beach_babies
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 3:47 PM
LOL I love ya'lls answers! I think the biggest expenses is vet and flea meds. But, he is at a shelter so, he is neutered and first shots are done. I just love cats. Well animals period.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamasita7176
by Susan on Aug. 2, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Quoting beach_babies:

LOL I love ya'lls answers! I think the biggest expenses is vet and flea meds. But, he is at a shelter so, he is neutered and first shots are done. I just love cats. Well animals period.

Vet trips are really only once a year. I think my visits were under $50 per visit. The food and litter are what usually costs the most. I had a cat. Loved him for years. Very low maintenance. I became allergic but kept him anyway. Then he became diabetic.....that sucked....and costed a lot of money!

.Untamed.
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:51 PM

There's always room (and extra cash, darn it) for a kitty. <3 Says the lady with four cats and who gets all googly-eyed at every cat or kitten she comes across.

Harleysmom213
by Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Love cats! i have 2. as long as you keep up on vaccinations the most expensive part is when you first get the cat. get it fixed, vaccinated, pick a healthy food and flea medication. cats pretty much take care of themselves. to me he said "just think this through first then.... yes!"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)