Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Has any one ever experienced bleeding blood clots?

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 8:24 AM
  • 16 Replies
I Am 5 1/2 weeks pregnanat and I started bleeding blood clots after masterbating. I went to the ER, they ran a series of test and did two u/s they werent able to see anything the dr said it could be bc it's still to early in the pregnancy. He did a pelvic exam and proceed to tell me that my cervix was closed. Still feeling like my questions went answered I started doing research and I came up on an article that talked about sex, masterbating and orgasams while being pregnant. Your uterus contracts when you orgasam causing bleeding. I still don't know if I miscarried or if I'm still pregnanat. Has this happend to any of you ladies? I'm confused and any feed back will be greatly appreciated.
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I would give it a couple more days and see what happens, it is common to bleed after sex while pregnant, but not with clots. Having your cervix closed is a good thing... Do you have an ob? If so wait and see if the bleeding keeps up and if it does or doesn't go see your ob as soon as you can.

Good luck sweetie.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
deedee198244
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:44 AM
Thank you, the bleeding isn't so heavy anymore but it's still like a bright red menstural period. I have an u/s appt for next week but I just can't wait that long. I feel like I have pressure in my lower abdomen. It's causing my bf and I to fight. I just feel so alone and without any answers:(
MommaBoop922
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Im sorry you are going through this.  Usually sex can irritate the cervix so that may be something that is causing you issues or sometimes you can have an irritation up there that causes the bleeding. 5.5 weeks is definitely way to early to see anything and next week may even be too early.. most doctors wont even check before 8 because of that.  Maybe they can just monitor your blood levels as well as checking on the u/s so you can have a little more info.  I hope everything works out and you get answers.  Good Luck and keep us posted  

deedee198244
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:56 AM
I most definitely will. I never realized how much I wanted this baby up in till now. I just wish men where able to show their emotions and not keep everything bottled in inside
Angela4boys
by Angela on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:51 PM

My 3rd pregnancy was lots of bright red bleeding and blood clots for about 3 months.  When I say lots of bleeding...I mean like as heavy as the first couple days of a heavy period, with many clots.  He is 7 now.  In my situation it had nothing to do with sex or masturbating though, so I'm not sure how to advise in that situation. 

newmom2be08
by Sarah on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Praying!  HUGS!

deedee198244
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Thank you ladies for your support and sharing your stories.@angela that is similar to what I am experiencing, your story gives me hope. I had a dr appt yesterday and they where able to see a sack but nothing inside bc it's still to early. That gave me hope bc at least they where able to see it this time which leads me to belive that there is progress. I'm still waiting to get the results of my blood hormone level. Fingers crossed that my little bean is still cooking:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaBoop922
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Good Luck and please keep us posted

Quoting deedee198244:

Thank you ladies for your support and sharing your stories.@angela that is similar to what I am experiencing, your story gives me hope. I had a dr appt yesterday and they where able to see a sack but nothing inside bc it's still to early. That gave me hope bc at least they where able to see it this time which leads me to belive that there is progress. I'm still waiting to get the results of my blood hormone level. Fingers crossed that my little bean is still cooking:)

deedee198244
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 1:25 PM
It ended up being a miscarriage:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmom2be08
by Sarah on Aug. 16, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Quoting deedee198244:

It ended up being a miscarriage:(

I'm so sorry.  :(  HUGS!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN