Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Very confused!!! (preg mentioned)

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:10 PM
  • 7 Replies

Ok i'm very confused. Last monday i got my positive pregnancy test. I had already spotted once that cycle and then spotted again when i tested. That night i had some heavier bleeding and went to the e.r. was told my hcg levels were 5.2 so barely pregnant. She said since my cycles are weird it could just be very early but called it a threatened miscarriage. Well i kept getting pos hpt everyday until Thurs. dr again drew blood adn said hcg was 3.7 so no longer pregnant. Went home and cried for several days. Then Tuesday night/Wednesday morning i was up vomitting and diarhea for several hours. i assumed it was bad fast food combined with stress. But tonight i felt sick again half way through dinner so i tested and got a faint positive. if my levels were already beneath pregnant status last thursday why in the heck am i still getting positive tests?!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
parisonmom
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Before my sister had her 2nd dd her OBGYN said she miscarried but 14 weeks after she was pregnant. Before you think you miscarried wait like a few weeks and retest then do blood work. I mean you may and may not of miscarried. 

EthansMomma2010
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Quoting parisonmom:

Before my sister had her 2nd dd her OBGYN said she miscarried but 14 weeks after she was pregnant. Before you think you miscarried wait like a few weeks and retest then do blood work. I mean you may and may not of miscarried. 

i cant take this roller coaster ride

parisonmom
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Quoting parisonmom:

i cant take this roller coaster ride

Request for a sono. That should tell you

echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:09 AM
If your levels were down to 3.7 and now your getting positives I would definitely see a dr. 3.7 is too low to show up on a home test so something is going on. Good luck. Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Quoting echupko:

If your levels were down to 3.7 and now your getting positives I would definitely see a dr. 3.7 is too low to show up on a home test so something is going on. Good luck. Hugs

i have an ultrasound monday for some investigational stuff can i just wait til then? dr appt is the day after that. i'm not bleeding anymore. that was the other weird thing. i expected clots and tissue last time i bled so heavily but there was barely a tiny bit of tissue. is that normal? i did some more research and it looks like the only 2 plausible reasons would be if i needed a d&c or if i had a cyst producing hcg which would mean i was never pregnant in the first place. either way i have a feeling the answers are not going to be fun on monday and tuesday

echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Yes I think it will be fine to wait until then. Good luck

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Quoting echupko:

i have an ultrasound monday for some investigational stuff can i just wait til then? dr appt is the day after that. i'm not bleeding anymore. that was the other weird thing. i expected clots and tissue last time i bled so heavily but there was barely a tiny bit of tissue. is that normal? i did some more research and it looks like the only 2 plausible reasons would be if i needed a d&c or if i had a cyst producing hcg which would mean i was never pregnant in the first place. either way i have a feeling the answers are not going to be fun on monday and tuesday

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaBoop922
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Im glad you are going to have an appointment and I hope they are able to give you some answers.  Good Luck and please keep us posted! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)