Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Memorial Tokens/Jewerly

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 2:22 AM
  • 15 Replies
Last month my husband and I lost our first pregnancy at 10 weeks, it was a missed miscarriage. The last month has been a roller coaster of emotions, partially due to that fact that not many people knew we were expecting and we have lots of friends who are pregnant. I was toying with the idea of getting a necklace or other token to help ease my grief and give me something tangible to remember our little one. Has this helped any one else?
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 2:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmmaZate
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 2:23 AM
I never take mine off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmmaZate
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Thats the necklace. Sorry it's sideways. It's a keepsake one that holds the ashes of my 22 week twins
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:08 AM

My profile pic is of the necklace someone had made for me, its the footprints of my son that was stillborn. It came from "my forever child"

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Angela4boys
by Angela on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:46 AM

I am going to buy a cremation ring, and put some of Avery's ashes in...I'm just so busy right now, and want to take my time picking it out.  That way I'd have a peice of him with me every single day. 

Treasure43
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:53 AM

This is my necklace

The two large hearts symbolize my husband and I. The garnet is to symoblize our lost baby. And the twisting yellow gold hearts symbolize any children we may have in the future.

BosGirl0906
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:48 AM

This is the necklace I had made for my baby I lost at 11 weeks. I have to add a date to the back because I lost another baby in June. I wear it everyday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:52 AM

I'm sorry for your loss.  I think that is a great idea to get something to remember your loss.  Many women do and/or get a memorial tattoo.  My daughter was born sleeping at 38 weeks so I have a few things of hers and bought a box and decorated it for her to put her stuff in.  Eventually I'll get a necklace with her hand or foot print.

dbrown1989
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Your story sounds about identical to mine. I didn't buy a token or jewlery or do anything like that, but when I put away the stuff we had for the baby (my sister sent us some adorable little things for the baby) I started writing my feelings. I know it seems kind of silly, but I honestly never want to forget anything that I'm feeling now or felt when everything first happened I want to remember everything from the most pain, to getting over the pain to hopefully having a healthy pregnancy.

I have been thinking about a tattoo to remember the baby, but since I called the baby "our little meatball" I;m having trouble firguring out what would look ok permanently on my body (I don't think I want a meatball tattoed on me)!

Mamasita7176
by Susan on Aug. 20, 2012 at 5:36 PM
I got a mc awareness tattoo as well as a mc awareness necklace.
Ck2012Angel
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Thank you everyone!  This has given me a lot to think about and I really appreciate you sharing how you remember your little loved one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)