Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Cancer and Pregnancy

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 5:40 AM
  • 11 Replies

My name is Lily I was diagnose with cancer a few years ago, I was told I couldnt have children however I am 7 weeks along. I am going through a very difficult time right now my oncologist told me that there is no way that my body will be able to support this pregnancy and that I will go through a miscarrarriage within a few days. If there is anyone out there that could help me get through this. My child has a heart beat and I feel like a murdered for choosing my life over the baby. My doctors feel that if I choose to stop my treatment that I will not survive a month and neither will my baby please someone anyone how does one deal with this type of rief and loss and choose to continue living knowing that your the reason your child is dead.

by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 5:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaTrina8187
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:47 AM

I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through, and I am terribly sorry that you're having to go through this.

I know I don't have any answers, but here's to hoping someone on here can be a great support for you.  This group has helped me out in more ways than even possible to imagine, and I hope they can do the same for you.

BosGirl0906
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Oh my heart is breaking for you.  I can't imagine going through what you're going through.  I don't have any answers for you but I am praying for you.  I have 2 angel babies and even though they aren't here with me, I know they know how much I love them.  And no matter what, I'm sure your baby will know that you love them very much.  ((hugs))

newmom2be08
by Sarah on Aug. 21, 2012 at 1:23 PM

I am so sorry.  I can't imagine what you are going through at the moment.  Praying for you!  HUGS!

Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 1:57 PM

I am so sorry you are going through this!! Hugs and prayers sweetie.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
cindy82
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 3:26 PM
I have had to make that choice. I didn't have cancer but I had an ectopic that was about to rupture. It was me or the baby. We choose the baby. The difference is I will never. I at least had hope for another try. I'm so sorry. It was a difficult choice and I live with it every day. U have to choose if your life u have now is worth loosing. I can always adopt when I get better. There is still a chance. If u keep the pregnancy u bOth may die. I wish I could give u a hug. Good luck with your decision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Aug. 21, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Wow your a strong Momma.  I'm sorry your dealing with so much right now *Big Hugs*

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Aug. 21, 2012 at 6:01 PM

((hugs)) i'm so sorry your having to go through this hun.

dscoqn
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 10:19 PM

I don't mean to belittle your ectopic (I've had 4 of them) but really it's not the same thing as the decision this lady is facing.  There is no decision with an ectopic - the baby is in the wrong place and would not survive under any circumstances.  Even if you did nothing and left the baby there it wouldn't live - there is no room for it to grow.  So to say you had to make a decision between you and the baby is actually not true.  To let the ectopic rupture would only be delaying the inevitable and be putting yourself at risk.

Quoting cindy82:

I have had to make that choice. I didn't have cancer but I had an ectopic that was about to rupture. It was me or the baby. We choose the baby. The difference is I will never. I at least had hope for another try. I'm so sorry. It was a difficult choice and I live with it every day. U have to choose if your life u have now is worth loosing. I can always adopt when I get better. There is still a chance. If u keep the pregnancy u bOth may die. I wish I could give u a hug. Good luck with your decision.

busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on Aug. 22, 2012 at 1:10 PM

I'm so sorry for the decision you are having to make! Hugs and prayers!

lightning918
by Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 3:41 AM
You do what you need to in order to survive. There is always the options to try again or adoption or surogacy. Maybe this is God's way of giving you a guardian angel. Don't make your decision on what we say here though, you know what the right decision is for you and in the end that is all that's important. Either way it won't be easy, but we'll be here if you need us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN