Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Has anyone else experienced excessive bleeding during their cycles after a loss? After I lost Ryder, my first cycle I was bleeding so heavily that I was soaking 2-3 pads in an hour on and off for 3 days. Next cycle was a little more normal, but still pretty heavy.

I got pregnant in April, had a m/c in July, had my first cycle Aug. 18, that was a lot heavier then usual, but nothing I was concerned about. I jus started my second cycle on Sat and it started out full on heavy bleeding and last night I started bleeding heavier, was soaking a pad in an hour. Today its even worse, I was taking a shower and the whole bottom of the tub was full of blood, and I was passing clots... I haven't bled like that since I gave birth! I am also starting to cramp on top of it. I almost wonder if its not a m/c, but I took tests late last week nd all of them were negative.....

Sorry to be so graphic... But has anyone else gone through this?

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 9:05 AM
Replies (11-15):
nonnie_jo
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:52 AM

you may have fibroids you should speak with your dr. about that possibility

1sttimemom12
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:11 PM

after my first m/c in april, yes I did. My periods were never 'normal' to start with though. I went to the hospital because I was scared tfrom bleeding like that. I soaked 2-3 pads an hour too, so it definately scared me. I was like omg this isnnormal, freaknig out, and went to the ER about it in May.   I was told it was so much because of the m/c and I wasn't anemic from it so not to worry unless it gets worse.  It was scarier than the m/c.  Now, I know next month is gonna be...the same way...so I can prepare myself better than I was in May. I actually bought and this is gonna sound wierd but I bought depends since it was so heavy and Ijust knew Id  soak myself...if the bathroom wasnt close by. It helped me get through the grocerty store.  Also, Pamprin or Midol works wonders. NSAID like aleeve are also suppose to help the bleeding some, but I didn;t really notice a difference. It may work for you...different stroke for different folks. Also, it's the perfect time for hot bubble baths. :D   If you don't go to the ER since the bleeding is abnormal, then go to your family doctor about it. You never know...it could be more than just oh first period after m/c thing.   Once I stop bleeding from this m/c, Im gonig to the gyn and make sure it ALL is ok there....after 2 m/c this year it seems to point in the direction something isn't right. Maybe leftover from the first one is why i lost this one...so if I get it checked out then I don';t have to worry about that happening next year.  I suggest the same thing for you. Get yourself checked out and certainly if you start feeling light headed or anything from it dont wait go to ER. 

Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 6:45 AM

Sorry I am just getting back on, its been a crazy couple days!!!! But it eased up and now its just a normal period.

Thanks for all your concern!! and yes  I talked to my dr and they said if it lasted for more then 3 days to come in and get checked but otherwise they weren't concerned.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
LilysMommy813
by Heather on Sep. 20, 2012 at 1:01 PM
I bled really heavy my first cycle after d&c, each cycle got a little better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poisienpatch
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:23 PM

My second cycle was worse than my first....I have bleed really heavy this cycle...doctor's not concerned apparently it takes a while for your hormones to regulate and your progesterone may be really low right now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN