Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Remembrance-Day 2: Write a letter or poem

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:20 AM
  • 64 Replies
2 moms liked this

Today's challenge is write a letter or poem to or about your little one.

One of the things that helped me get through my first loss was writing a letter to my little one. I told him/her all about dh, me, our dog, our home, our family. It really helped me to bring a little closure to that hard time. On occasion, I will dig it out and read it and will one day show it to our living children-all born after losing this one.

What would you write about? If you feel up to it, share your letter or poem to us. 

One member who signs up for our Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Remembrance Week Challenge and replies to our daily challenge posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Join us in the Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support group

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sillymommy08
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:36 AM
I keep a journal and usually once a week I update it at to what is going on in our lives. I always end it with a scripture saying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amy_M
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:12 AM

After losing the first baby I started a blog to document how I was feeling and coping.  It has helped, although I don't write often and haven't written in a while.  I did go back and read them a couple weeks ago, my emotions were so raw and it brought it all back to me.  Although it is hard to reread all those moments it is healing at the same time.  Here is a link if anyone is interested in reading. http://amymocny.blogspot.com/

MamaBear2cubs
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:15 AM

I have written about the loss of each pregnancy.It is very cathartic to me.

mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:44 AM
I wrote to him a lot the first while, it was very nice to be able to do. I wrote about how much I love him and miss him and how I would do anything to have him with me. And appoligized that I wasn't able to protect him or save him. I told him I would always remember him and think of him. I talked about his big brother and how I wish they would be able to play together. I told him i would see him again someday. I also did write a little "poem" and made a little power point slideshow with different pictures and my different feelings I had throughout the pregnancy and finding out that he was no longer alive
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicasmom1
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I lost our baby at 10 weeks old , I have always kept a jounal it helps to reread what I had wrote 

peridotrose87
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I've written several poems & letters to both my angelbabies through the years & it really helps me to just tell them how much i miss them & what life would be like if they were here with us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelicmom1984
by April on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Last year, I wrote a poem when a lot of the hurt was still at the surface and all of the firsts where happening. I haven't written since, but I have been thinking about it a little
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kailalaila
by Barbara on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I wrote a poem.. it's the only way I feel I can express my emotions.

AugustMidge
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Being I had a rainbow baby following the death of our daughter I wrote letters (still do) to my daughter and now my son. I tell them all hopes, dreams and lessons I hope they learn. At first my writing was to express myself and my fears of again losing my child. Writing is a very theraputic way to express oneself. 

I miss my baby girl, come the 17th of this month it will be three years. Three years I've missed her.

GoldenLinds
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:53 AM
I wrote to her all during my pregnancy with her brother. It helped me to cope with my fears of another loss. Two days ago was the anniversary of my due date and I can't believe its been so long.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)