Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Challenge: Raise Awareness about SIDS, Pregnancy & Infant Loss - Win a Prize

Posted by   + Show Post

October is SIDS, Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Month

Let's help raise awareness on CafeMom by creating one long thread dedicated to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), Pregnancy & Infant Loss.

Reply to this post with ribbons, symbols, info, stories, logos, links, bumps and any thoughts that you'd like to share.

sids ribbonThree member who reply to this post during the month of October will win a CafeMom tote bag.

For more information on SIDS, Pregnancy& Infant Loss:
http://sids.org/
http://www.nationalshare.org/
http://www.stillnomore.org/

Giveaway rules:

• The Raise Awareness about SIDS, Pregnancy & Infant Loss Giveaway starts 10/1/12 at 7pm (ET) and ends 10/31/2012 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • Three winners will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Tote Bag.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 11/7/12.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Replies (31-40):
echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:40 PM
You're welcome

Quoting hypnautica:

Thank you for sharing this. 

Quoting echupko:

My fb status ...

October is Pregnancy and Infant Loss awareness month 

Each and every day, in communities across America, expectant moms will feel their baby’s first kick; parents will listen to their newborn’s first cry; and families will celebrate the birthday of a healthy baby.

Also each and every day, 13 babies will be lost to SIDS and other sudden, unexpected infant deaths; more than 70 new parents will have listened sadly their stillborn baby’s silence; and countless lives will be lost to miscarriage and other causes of infant death.

Remembering our daughter we lost too soon and all of the other little angels.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms_jasmine
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:39 AM

signing up for this!

lind.shep
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bugygirl
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:58 PM
My son Hayden was stillborn on March 20,2010 at 22.5 wks
BunnyFlick
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:12 AM
This is a lovely thought! My heart goes out to everyone who has experienced this! Xxx
My husband (20) and I (19) have miscarried 4 babies over the last nearly three years now; one at 12 weeks who we named Sky, one at 13 weeks who we named Peanut, one at approximately 8 weeks who we named Munchkin and one at approximately 6 weeks who we couldn't name because it's just getting too painful! We guessed the genders with what felt right for us at the time.
We have 2 puppies, one of which is called Peanut after our 2nd baby and the other (Dennis) is because of Munchkin. They obviously don't fill the hole in our hearts, but they do help...I suppose it's our way of coping...
So much love to all of the little angel babies and the parents they're watching over!!!!! I'm not religious but I still feel like they are there! To all you Mummies who have lost loved ones...HUGE HUGS! You don't realise just how strong you really are!!!!! Xxxxx
MommeeTo4
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:22 PM
For my 2 little babies who I never got to hold.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4monkeystolove
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:05 PM
So sorry you have had to go through so much n u r so young. tomorrow I go for my d&c for my missed MC. It's so painful to think I will not get to see this baby. My boyfriend named the baby Dina cause he would follow the growth on an app through the phone n he though the baby looked like a baby dinasour n he had a feeling it was a girl. I was 11 weeks but the baby nvr grew past 6. My heart goes out to you an all other familiar that have gone throughout loss of a pregnancy or baby.
Quoting BunnyFlick:

This is a lovely thought! My heart goes out to everyone who has experienced this! Xxx
My husband (20) and I (19) have miscarried 4 babies over the last nearly three years now; one at 12 weeks who we named Sky, one at 13 weeks who we named Peanut, one at approximately 8 weeks who we named Munchkin and one at approximately 6 weeks who we couldn't name because it's just getting too painful! We guessed the genders with what felt right for us at the time.
We have 2 puppies, one of which is called Peanut after our 2nd baby and the other (Dennis) is because of Munchkin. They obviously don't fill the hole in our hearts, but they do help...I suppose it's our way of coping...
So much love to all of the little angel babies and the parents they're watching over!!!!! I'm not religious but I still feel like they are there! To all you Mummies who have lost loved ones...HUGE HUGS! You don't realise just how strong you really are!!!!! Xxxxx

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I have this picture as my profile pic right now.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:41 AM

And I used this one last week

mama91605
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:39 PM

My tattoo for my baby I lost last February.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)