Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Challenge: Raise Awareness about SIDS, Pregnancy & Infant Loss - Win a Prize

Posted by   + Show Post

October is SIDS, Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Month

Let's help raise awareness on CafeMom by creating one long thread dedicated to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), Pregnancy & Infant Loss.

Reply to this post with ribbons, symbols, info, stories, logos, links, bumps and any thoughts that you'd like to share.

sids ribbonThree member who reply to this post during the month of October will win a CafeMom tote bag.

For more information on SIDS, Pregnancy& Infant Loss:
http://sids.org/
http://www.nationalshare.org/
http://www.stillnomore.org/

Giveaway rules:

• The Raise Awareness about SIDS, Pregnancy & Infant Loss Giveaway starts 10/1/12 at 7pm (ET) and ends 10/31/2012 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • Three winners will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Tote Bag.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 11/7/12.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Replies (51-58):
LilysMommy813
by Heather on Oct. 18, 2012 at 9:11 PM
My friends baby was 39 weeks
My baby was 13 weeks, and by me if you choose to bury your baby and they are less than 20 weeks, they do a service for all the babies lost that month at the end of the month for a minimal fee, I delivered sept 28th so unfortunately I have to wait a whole month to bury her. They have a special part of the cemetery dedicated to these babies and it is very beautiful. Lucy will be buried Oct 26th

Quoting dallascowboys82:

Just curious, why would you be burying your baby by the end if the month

Quoting LilysMommy813:

I just posted a note and photo on my Facebook reminding people that October is pregnancy and infant loss awareness month ( I didn't know about SIDS)

My friend is burying her baby on Saturday and I should be burying mine at the end of the month, so it is very close to home for all my friends and family

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JCmoma08
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 4:54 AM
i just lost twins on 10/15/12 my first loss. we named them faith & hope. i had no idea it was pregnancy & infent loss awareness month. well i do now and soon everybody i kno will too. * the angels wrote my babys in the book of life and as the pages closed they wispered to beautiful for earth*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Endo.girl
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 2:54 AM
I lost my dd at 18 weeks due to a placental abruption. I celebrate her due date as her birthday. Every year i will release a pink balloon for every year she would be old. She would have been 19 months this month
aus14
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 10:33 PM
In 2007 I started back to work after summer vacation. I wasn't back to work more than an hour I had a miscarriage then. Come to find out not only did I lose 1 I really lost 2 babies that day. I have a shadow box to remember. But today I have the most wonderful ds..
Saerise
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 11:05 PM

My aunt was a teen mother, but she lost her baby girl when she was 5 months old. She's never gotten over it completely. I doubt I could, either. Every life is special, and we've all been touched by them, even those who were only with us briefly.

ANNABUBBS
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 1:11 AM
I lost my son unexpectedly in May 2008. He was 9 months old when he passed. He would be 5yrs old now. I never knew how strong the love I have for my children ccould be!!
missingme07
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 12:21 PM

I lost a baby to s.i.d.s. 5 years ago. I miss him every day!

Cafe Robin
by Head Admin on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:41 PM

....and the WINNERS are...

Ladybugmama86        LilysMommy813         echupko

You have each won a CafeMom Tote Bag!

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)