Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

And just making the decision is a bit nerve wracking.  In all honesty, I'm supposed to be waiting until June, when we would know that my valley fever is in remission or not.  I went off treatment 2 months ago though (on my own), and the symptoms have not returned...in fact, I don't think I've coughed once since the end of last June. The reality of it though, is that even if the VF is confirmed to be in remission, pregnancy can make it flare back up as it saps the immune system...so, I've come to realize that it's something that I will always have to deal with.

Anyways, I'm not getting younger, that's for sure.  And I have some history of early menopause in my family.  So last night, I ordered OPKs....I may end up chickening out before O time though, LOL!  It's happened before, haha.  But, I'm ramping myself up.  I know how I am, and I won't be "ready" until I'm already pregnant.  I've been coming up with every reason not to yet, and my husband keeps reminding me that we will just make everything work, like we always do. 

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:49 AM
Replies (11-15):
kbornman21
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I told my bf that we're buying a Doppler if we get pregnant because I've had a miscarriage too. My OPK's got shipped yesterday. The end of this month early November we're hoping for a sticky bean.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Angela on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I thought about that, but I think I'll just buy one...the ones on Ebay are so reasonable, $50-60...and that way, I don't have to get a doctor note, or have to worry about returning it soon after birth...or God forbid if it were to get broken somehow ;) 

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Because you had a second trimester loss, there is a company that loans them for free. I can't remember the name-ask Ladybugmama I think she told me about it

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting karla85:

I know how you feel. My first thought with this pregnancy was "shit". Once an ectopic was ruled out I thought to myself: now let's hope I can keep this baby inside long enough for it to be born. Every cramp, twitch, sudden movement make me so nervous. I've been getting sonograms at work just to make sure lil' peanut is moving. I guess I won't feel calm until he is born.

We are here for you, let's pray that your VF is gone forever and the doctors are wrong. My doctor told me my probabilities of getting pregnant with one bad tube left were ZERO, so yeah I proved him wrong lol.

Good luck and God bless you Angela :)

Thanks Karla :)  I'm going to be a wreck I'm sure...and I will be ordering a doppler for sure, haha! 

Kwoods912
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck!
mr.scariesmommy
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck!!!! Hope you get your baby wish soon :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purfectlilly
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this

good luck. we are going to try again in november. i know how you feel. until it is born there will be that extra concern but try to relax and enjoy the experience. hopefully it will be the best ever.

Lilly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)