Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Capture Your Grief - Day 10

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:11 PM
  • 18 Replies

Day 10 - Symbol

Do you have a symbol for your baby/ies/child/ren? It could be a butterfly, dragonfly, a humming-bird, dolphin, seashell, share what it is and why it is so symbolic to you.

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:58 PM

The little lamb is the symbol that reminds me of Isabelle.  We had the lamb most of my pregnancy with Isabelle and the lamb was there during labor and after birth with Isabelle.  We even have a photo with her and the lamb but I wanted to share this photo since she was passed away in the other.  I slept with the lamb for weeks after Isabelle passed so I could be close to her so the little lamb is definitely my symbol for Isabelle.

echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:59 PM
I do not :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaBoop922
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Thats so sweet.  Im glad you have something nice to symbolize her

Quoting blessedmommie07:

The little lamb is the symbol that reminds me of Isabelle.  We had the lamb most of my pregnancy with Isabelle and the lamb was there during labor and after birth with Isabelle.  We even have a photo with her and the lamb but I wanted to share this photo since she was passed away in the other.  I slept with the lamb for weeks after Isabelle passed so I could be close to her so the little lamb is definitely my symbol for Isabelle.

MommaBoop922
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I may be thinking of someone else, but dont you have a tattoo of your LOs footprints?? That could be a symbol :)  

Quoting echupko:

purfectlilly
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

i think of mine as turtles. they are hiding in their shells. i will get to see them one day.

Lilly

echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:35 PM
2 moms liked this
I do :-)

Quoting MommaBoop922:

I may be thinking of someone else, but dont you have a tattoo of your LOs footprints?? That could be a symbol :)  

Quoting echupko:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:56 PM

I feel "weird" about turtles.  With my first MC I saw a turtle in the road on the way to the doctors- I cried because I could not turn around and save the turtle and I frantically assumed that is why my baby died.  With my second mc on the way to the doctors I saw a turtle in the road so I turned around and went and moved it out of the road. With my last baby I saw a turtle in the road (this was early on in my pregnancy) and I stopped, carried it to the water and turned it loose.. and my little one passed away at 19weeks.  I just feel soooo strange that this keeps happening, and I never see turtles any other time.  I feel like it is related but I don't know how to "save" them.

Quoting purfectlilly:

i think of mine as turtles. they are hiding in their shells. i will get to see them one day.

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Dani Jane was my witch baby.  So I associate witch hats with her.  My chemical pregnancy, I just named that baby Turtle Baby (cause I seem to keep saving turtles).  And Lily Rose's nursery was going to be owls so when I see owl stuff I get kinda sappy.  I would like to get a kinda charm braclett tattoo with each symbol.  Or get the witch hat tattooed on one shoulder and a lily with a rose center on the other shoulder because I always felt like Dani was the "bad angel" sitting on my shoulder, and now that Lily is gone too I no longer feel like Dani is there (because I truly believe Dani needed a playmate in Heaven and that is why Lily had to die).  Okay I am getting to "out there" so I need to rein it back in...

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:00 PM

That is weird and a strange coincidence.

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

I feel "weird" about turtles.  With my first MC I saw a turtle in the road on the way to the doctors- I cried because I could not turn around and save the turtle and I frantically assumed that is why my baby died.  With my second mc on the way to the doctors I saw a turtle in the road so I turned around and went and moved it out of the road. With my last baby I saw a turtle in the road (this was early on in my pregnancy) and I stopped, carried it to the water and turned it loose.. and my little one passed away at 19weeks.  I just feel soooo strange that this keeps happening, and I never see turtles any other time.  I feel like it is related but I don't know how to "save" them.

Quoting purfectlilly:

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Your not "out there"  you are just spiritually connected with your babies.  Sometimes you just know your baby's personality no matter how long they were with you in your stomach.  I knew Isabelle was a fighter by tugging and trying to smack the needle out of my belly when I had amnio reductions.  You just know in your heart what your baby is like :)

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Dani Jane was my witch baby.  So I associate witch hats with her.  My chemical pregnancy, I just named that baby Turtle Baby (cause I seem to keep saving turtles).  And Lily Rose's nursery was going to be owls so when I see owl stuff I get kinda sappy.  I would like to get a kinda charm braclett tattoo with each symbol.  Or get the witch hat tattooed on one shoulder and a lily with a rose center on the other shoulder because I always felt like Dani was the "bad angel" sitting on my shoulder, and now that Lily is gone too I no longer feel like Dani is there (because I truly believe Dani needed a playmate in Heaven and that is why Lily had to die).  Okay I am getting to "out there" so I need to rein it back in...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)