Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

We were ridiculously excited to go for our 10 week ultrasound. This is our second child, our first was a surprise and we planned this one.

Everything went as normal, we even started talking about labor and delivery while I was there. And then the ultrasound. The nurse couldn't find the heartbeat. So she called the dr in. He couldn't find it either. We were told our baby is no long alive.

We're crushed. We cried all day yesterday and today feels like the longest day of my life. Its barely 10:30am. We had so many dreams and things centered around this little life. Our DD was through the moon about being a big sister. It feels like our dreams were shattered.

Now we have the gut wrenching decisions to make. Do I wait, who knows how long, to do it naturally? D&C? That scary pill? I'm so lost and so incredibly heartbroken.

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Replies (11-19):
Evis
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Im sorry for your loss. Lost my ba by at 15 weekes 5 months ago. I know how you feel. I used the pill. Was a horrible experience with lots of pain an hemorrage. Couldn't wait til my body did it by itself. Was like having a natural birth. My other children were c section so it was a new experience to me but more like a nightmare. I will pray for you. Hugs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Thank you. We've ruled the pill out as an option. Its the same pill my cousin took because she wanted to abort and the things she went through I dont think I can endure.
I'm sorry you had a miserable experience :(

Quoting Evis:

Im sorry for your loss. Lost my ba by at 15 weekes 5 months ago. I know how you feel. I used the pill. Was a horrible experience with lots of pain an hemorrage. Couldn't wait til my body did it by itself. Was like having a natural birth. My other children were c section so it was a new experience to me but more like a nightmare. I will pray for you. Hugs.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purfectlilly
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:38 PM

take your time a think about all of the options. give yourself the time you need to take it all in. there are a lot of options so you can think about the one that will help you the most. i hope this helps you. mine all happened naturally but i cannot imagine the pain of having to go through what you are going through.

Lilly

Mamasita7176
by Susan on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:58 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. This happened to me last December. I also had a mc in March. The D&C was a lot easier on me. Only you can decide what is best for you and your family.

LilysMommy813
by Heather on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:35 PM
I'm so sorry, it's so heartbreaking to hear. Big hugs momma.

I had two completely different experiences that I would like to share with you and hope it helps.

I lost a baby in April at 14 weeks and decided to have a d&c because I was scared and felt that was the best thing at the time. I personally wish I didn't, I didn't like going to sleep with my baby and then waking up and being sent home with nothing. I bled a lot but had no physical pain.

I lost my second angel on Sept. 28th at 13 weeks and decided not to have a d&c unless necessary, but I was not comfortable waiting for my body to do it on its own because I know it can takes weeks. I went to the hospital and was induced with cytotec, I delivered quickly and it was uncomfortable but no more than a bad period. I got to see and hold my baby and get to bury her soon and I am a lot more at peace with this decision. I also received a lot more support this time.

Take your time, this is not something any woman wants to make a decision about. Again I'm so sorry for your loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaBoop922
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Im so sorry for your loss.  I took a shot to induce a miscarriage for my second loss and everything passed within a few days.  I think each of those options is different depending on the person.  Some women cant pass naturally some like the D&C because it gets everything done so they can move forward and some go for the meds to help and avoid surgery.  I wish you luck with whatever you do and hope it goes naturally for you like you mentioned in your other post. 

4monkeystolove
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:58 PM
I am right there with you. I went in last Thursday for my first ultrasound at ten weeks and the Dr couldn't find a heartbeat so they checked my hormone level. While I waited for the results I went to another Dr for a second opinion n was told my baby only measured 6 weeks when I was supposed to be 11. So today I went back to my Dr n was told my hormone level had dropped from 1500 to 700. During the weekend I had thought about it and decided if no good news today I will do the d&c which I go in for tomorrow morning. I thought it was best for me. Can't near the pain knowing my baby is still in me n not alive. Also I am scared of getting infection. Baby has just been in me for 5 weeks not alive already n I don't wanna risk it being there longer n me getting infection. Think about it and IM sure u n ur dh will decide what is best for you all. I admit I am scared to death of going through with it but I know I need to before anymore time passes. My prayers r with u n ur family.
mommytobobby
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:42 PM

i would wait, and if in a couple of weeks, you still haven't miscarried, then i would go to the doctor for another u/s and then go from there. 

wanda01
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:46 PM

huggingIM SO HONESTLY ,SAD FOR U LOST IS NOT MUCH WHAT I COULD SAID TO YOU BECOUSE IT IS A LIFE TIME PERSONAL PAIN BUT I WILL HAVE U AND YOU FAMILY IN MY PRAYERS ,,,, I LOST FIVE AND HAVE ONLY TWO SO ONLY THE LORD KNOWS WHY????

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)